Delays or non Delays

Electrified

Just paid a visit to the dealership today to check on Delivery status of my Enyaq. Sales Manager had just that minute gone thru a list of approx 25/30 Enyaq’s  marked down as delayed at Factory either in production or preproduction. 
He had another check for me after he stated he didn’t remember seeing my name on the list, on checking he said it doesn’t look like your one is being delayed, it’s in production now. So that is good news, I was fully expecting to be told it was going to be delayed which may have caused problems because I sold my MG ZS EV this morning, got an offer I just could not refuse. It was from a dealer as well!!!
So my wife is not happy her MG has gone and we are now sharing one car, hopefully the next 3/4 weeks will pass quickly.

No, it seems very random, who’s cars for whatever reason gets delayed, yet others are pulled forward, well ahead of others.

Also strange that normally VW group gives order number so you can follow your order online - but Skoda UK won’t. 

21 minutes ago, Stripy said:

Also strange that normally VW group gives order number so you can follow your order online - but Skoda UK won’t. 

It’s easy enough to find out your order number and build status using the very helpful people on the live chat on the Skoda UK webpage.

12 hours ago, Kenny R said:

It’s easy enough to find out your order number and build status using the very helpful people on the live chat on the Skoda UK webpage.

The chap I spoke (via live chat) to the other week seemed rather narked I was doing so. "Have you asked before?" he said.

"I asked a couple of weeks ago, and was told it wasn't scheduled yet, and to ask again later. Then I asked yesterday, but your colleague said the system was down and to call back later."

"Well you shouldn't keep asking - speak to your dealer."

7 minutes ago, classic said:

I would ask them every single day now for that….but I’m bitter and twisted !

Ah! A kindred spirit! :handshake:

The courtesy of me not doing things people don't like is only extended to people who haven't mistreated me. :nod:

• Thanks 1

Following @Electrified's post. I went into the same dealer and asked if I was on the list. I guess if you were on the list you would have been told, but then how would you know about the list if you weren't told there was one. A bit of a conundrum. 

• Like 1

Some John Clark Group sales executives / dealer principals can be pretty useless or think customers are just pests that expect the earth when they are just spending thousands of quid.

They have better things to do with their time like trying to get new customers rather than keep repeat ones sweet.

So very simple.

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 16.42.21.jpg

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/08/2021 at 16:35, e-Roottoot said:

Some John Clark Group sales executives / dealer principals can be pretty useless or think customers are just pests that expect the earth when they are just spending thousands of quid.

They have better things to do with their time like trying to get new customers rather than keep repeat ones sweet.

So very simple.

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 16.42.21.jpg

If only all dealers/ Skoda UK would get all their customers on to receive this - don't see why not.

As e-Roottoot says, that would be Simply Clever

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, tonypr said:

I was told by Skoda UK I would need the order number, Newcaslte Skoda said I could not have the order number.

As @e-Roottoot say above.

Also, I’ve had no problems not having an order number when using the live chat on the Skoda website to get updates on my orders. They have been very helpful and easily found my order number with just a few personal details.

Edited by Kenny R

• 8 months later...

Ordered my Enyaq IV in September 21, told 17 weeks delivery (about Christmas) by dealer. It took Skoda 2 months to confirm order (mid november) giving an estimated delivery date of 5/5/22, then on the 5/4/22 changed it to estimated delivery date of 26/8/22, Then yesterday get an email saying no build slot available now givng an estimated delivery date of 28/10/22. That will take it to almost 14 months !!!!

Over 40 Enyaq advertised just on Autotrader in the UK.

Pre-loved / cherished / ex Demonstrators etc with strong asking prices. 

Some sitting and not being snapped up even though daily on the media presenters talk about the shortage of EV's.

Screenshot 2022-05-27 12.03.15.png

Screenshot 2022-05-27 12.04.14.png