DISABLING FOOTWELL LIGHTS - MK II 1.6 SKODA SUPERB S TDI CR 2012

Hi.

Does anyone know how to turn off the footwell lights in this Superb?

Or failing that, please can anyone tell me how to disable the footwell lights, e.g. by removing a fuse.

18 hours ago, KenONeill said:

Take the bulbs out?

According to the instructions it might be possible to turn the footwell lights off without having to remove the bulbs. (I hope.)

To @2006edr - Removing the footwell  bulbs is very hard. This should be Your last option. I do not know what is the Engineer's reason, disassemble of footwell to be so sticky. May be there is some special tool but I do not believe. When I remove mine (to change a bulb) I need to pinch so hard and I wear out a little skin on my hand.

• Thanks 1

I tried to use the instrument panel controls and the controls on the right stalk to turn off the footwell lights and I wasn't able to do it. I didn't have the ignition on. The controls on the right stalk, (supposedly relating to the footwell lights) did nothing when I moved them.

The button on the left of the instrument cluster, (which appeared to cycle from the time to the trip distance) also didn't help. My Superb doesn't have any controls on the steering wheel.

Does it make any difference as to whether the ignition is on or off for altering the footwell lights?

14 hours ago, langers2k said:

Do you get an image of the car outline when the doors are open, much like this:

8763-2009-volkswagen-golf-instrument-cluster-european-model-photo-267843-s-1280x782.jpg

Hi.

No, I don't.

The two buttons on my Superb on either side of the dials are also in a slightly different position to those shown in the image. (On mine the two buttons are at the 09:00 and 15:00 positions.

Then you only have a basic instrument cluster so you won't be able to change the footwell brightness.

You'll either need someone with VCDS or similar to do it for you or remove the bulbs :)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, langers2k said:

Then you only have a basic instrument cluster so you won't be able to change the footwell brightness.

You'll either need someone with VCDS or similar to do it for you or remove the bulbs :)

Hi.

There's no way to take a fuse out to turn off the footwell lights? I don't mind occasionally if some of the other interior lights are disabled.