Integrated Navigation

Two advantages that I can think of are…

1. Inbuilt Nav system can display the map on the Virtual Dashboard, either map view or turn by turn graphics on a ‘dial’ (speed & RPM) view
  2. It doesn’t use your iPhone mobile data.

Downside is that the inbuild Nav doesn’t integrate with your calendar so have to manually input addresses - or save them as favourites (if it works OK).

From a navigation perspective, my preferred Nav system is the Waze app, followed by Google Maps, then inbuilt or Apple Maps. Having said that (and a different topic altogether), Waze is owned by Google, and we all know how much [personally attributable] data Google havest to sell on to third parties - hence I don’t use either!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sneal said:

Two advantages that I can think of are…

1. Inbuilt Nav system can display the map on the Virtual Dashboard, either map view or turn by turn graphics on a ‘dial’ (speed & RPM) view
  2. It doesn’t use your iPhone mobile data.

Downside is that the inbuild Nav doesn’t integrate with your calendar so have to manually input addresses - or save them as favourites (if it works OK).

From a navigation perspective, my preferred Nav system is the Waze app, followed by Google Maps, then inbuilt or Apple Maps. Having said that (and a different topic altogether), Waze is owned by Google, and we all know how much [personally attributable] data Google havest to sell on to third parties - hence I don’t use either!

Thanks for your feedback!

re 1. I notice the integration with Apple’s Maps app is much better (you get the turn by turn instructions etc. )

when comparing to Waze or Google Maps… 

So is there Really a benefit from Nav vs Apple Maps?

Then, trying to buy the navigation from the Shop in the Infotainment, I always obtain the error in attach. Do you have any ideia about the cause?

Thanks a lot!!!

78CB040C-88D8-46EC-9675-01D7B7CAFBED.jpeg

13 hours ago, LoneSalBug said:

Thanks for your feedback!

re 1. I notice the integration with Apple’s Maps app is much better (you get the turn by turn instructions etc. )

when comparing to Waze or Google Maps… 

So is there Really a benefit from Nav vs Apple Maps?

Then, trying to buy the navigation from the Shop in the Infotainment, I always obtain the error in attach. Do you have any ideia about the cause?

Thanks a lot!!!

78CB040C-88D8-46EC-9675-01D7B7CAFBED.jpeg

I think we’ve reached the limit of my knowledge! So far, I haven’t managed to get the CarPlay - Apple Maps navigation prompts displayed on the cockpit, only the central Infotainment screen - but I believe some others have.

And, sorry, but I have no idea about the error message. Hopefully your local dealer or Škoda Technical can help with that one.

• Like 1

On 06/09/2021 at 06:34, marmex said:

@LoneSalBug

You have to buy from shop website .You go in connect and login and you have shop in upper right corner.From there you can buy what you want.I buy and work ok.

regards 

Hey @marmex, thanks for the tip.

Got the navigation already (390 EUR) and can only recomend. You get to have the satnav screen on the digital cockpit and the driving tips are just great like so. 
I’m now wondering if the Infotainment online service (49 eur) is also worth it...?

Best

On 06/09/2021 at 07:58, ItalianJob said:

I'd stick to Google maps.

It just works.

Can’t really agree. The integration features with Apple Maps and specially SatNav are just way better than using Google maps imho. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ItalianJob said:

Better in which way?

Apple Maps integrates with your digital cockpit. You get notified and detailed instructions on it.

As for Skoda's SatNav, well, that one integrates even better - you get to optimize your (re)charge also with detailed instructions, i.e. if you're driving through a slope road, the car tells you to remove the foot from the accelerator; the same when you're approaching a roundabout, etc. + you get this great screen on the digital cockpit.

7 minutes ago, LoneSalBug said:

Apple Maps integrates with your digital cockpit. You get notified and detailed instructions on it.

As for Skoda's SatNav, well, that one integrates even better - you get to optimize your (re)charge also with detailed instructions, i.e. if you're driving through a slope road, the car tells you to remove the foot from the accelerator; the same when you're approaching a roundabout, etc. + you get this great screen on the digital cockpit.

:)))

2 minutes ago, petysiac said:

:)))

That's good to know indeed. However I'm using an iPhone and don't know if it works the same. Either way, what I can really tell, from my experience, is I think the 390 EUR for the SatNav are worth it imo. I'll try to post here some screens later so you see what I am talking about. 

• 2 years later...

Can you explain how you put it on virtual cockpit? I just bought it from the store but the option to display it on dashboard is disabled. Also, can't edit the center of VC as I can in Kodiaq. Skoda Octavia iV.

Thanks