New Superb SEL 150 bhp diesel dsg.

Enjoy the day.  Take your time and inspect the car closely.  Check the equipment in the car and in the boot is as should be.   Ask the person doing hand over if they know what the PDI has the tyre pressures at.  If they do not know they can go get a tyre pressure guage.  The TPMS needs set if pressures need changed   You could take a tyre pressure guage.  If the pressures are dangerous the PDI might not have been well done.  Ask them to get a Master Tech out.    Pop the bonnet and check the oil level cold. When you get home check it when hot.  Look at the coolant level before starting the car or taking it away.     None of this really should add 10 minutes to the hand over if the dealership do their job right. 

Thank you both,  I do hope I've made the right decision. After almost 8 years of owning an L and K 170 dsg estate and over 160,000 miles, I decided to move on. Current prices have forced me tomove down market to a 150 bhp SEL.

I notice one of you have a 150, how does it go, what sort of fuel consumption do you get?

My L and K averaged 46+ mpg over almost 160 K, I will miss the old car.

@Lawlesstce Make sure any online services have been registered and you can see the car on Skoda app if you download it.

@e-Roottoot is very sensible about checking tyre pressures, if any are high then part (maybe a lot) of the PDI hasn’t been done, and you have no idea what else is missed (checking tightness of wheel bolts perhaps), so I would insist on whole PDI being re-done.   

Also if you have paid for any extras eg spare tyre, then check it is there (and is at correct pressure).  

And although this may sound stupid, my late mum’s last new car actually had a wrong letter in a numberplate, so they had to re-make and correct it (actually had different plates front and back, and she drove around for about 3 weeks before noticing)

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

@SurreyJohn This happened to my mums Kia back in 2006,  Front Plate had ST & Rear SP and i never noticed and it was insured as SP.

The car was 12 Months old and she is reversing out to take the car for it's service and she reverses into my car damaging both.

2 cars damaged and it turns out we insured her car wrongly, it should have been ST.  

11 hours ago, Lawlesstce said:

Thank you both,  I do hope I've made the right decision. After almost 8 years of owning an L and K 170 dsg estate and over 160,000 miles, I decided to move on. Current prices have forced me tomove down market to a 150 bhp SEL.

I notice one of you have a 150, how does it go, what sort of fuel consumption do you get?

My L and K averaged 46+ mpg over almost 160 K, I will miss the old car.

I have a 150 manual and average consumption over 47000km is 5.5/100km that's from measured tank fills and actually coincides with the car readout. I really don't get the tyre pressure advice as I always check it myself with my own gauge. 

• Confused 1

@j caffIf you mean the tyre pressure when you collect the car.  If the Tech or Fitter never adjusted the tyre pressures from what they are at from coming off the transporter to the correct pressure which will be lower than 45-50 psi then they were not doing the PDI correctly.

Next thing would be to check they removed the Transport Blocks.

17 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

@j caffIf you mean the tyre pressure when you collect the car.  If the Tech or Fitter never adjusted the tyre pressures from what they are at from coming off the transporter to the correct pressure which will be lower than 45-50 psi then they were not doing the PDI correctly.

Next thing would be to check they removed the Transport Blocks.

Each to their own I suppose, I must confess I wouldn't know what a transport block looks like... I've gotten three new cars in my life and never had any problems, maybe I'm just lucky. 

57 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

@j caffMore likely you use a good Dealership with competent staff. 

If they were all like that there would be less that have issues and come to forums unhappy with how their car is handling or how they have a crashy ride.

eg

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/496381-enyaq-suspension/page/3

Yea ok, I get it, no need to labour the point. They were three different dealerships, I like to shop around. 

• Haha 1