Streaming music problems

Good afternoon everyone, 

I own a 2017 Skoda Hatchback and I have a problem with streaming music from my mobile.

It worked fine at the beginning but for a couple of weeks now every single time I get in to the car music runs fine for about 5min and after that every 5-10 seconds it gets interrupted,  it shutters. Mobile radio, music player,  YouTube...you name it. Phone calls runs perfectly. 

Can't get to a solution yet. Didn't contact Skoda either...yet.

I'm using a Samsung note 10+5g.

Did any of you out there have or had this issue and most of all do you have a solution?

Thank you and kind regards, 

Claudiu

The above post is a great shout, try it from a different device i.e. family members phone and see if the car does the same. Or try Bluetooth streaming from your phone to something else like a speaker in the house.

7 hours ago, Vahids said:

@SClaudehave you tested your phone on other bluetooth devices, like a bluetooth speaker, before? First thing would be finding out which one is faulty, the phone or the head unit!

On a speaker works fine. And I don't expect the unit to be faulty.  How is it that the phone calls are working whit no problems?

The issue is with streaming music. From any app.

so if you're - for example - using Spotify - and you have the playlist downloaded, this still happens?

Phone calls use a completely different technology. With your stream, you are downloading the music / video in "real time" and then playing it back. If your internet connection is poor, this can't work well. Hence the question about the downloaded playlists.

Edited by brettikivi

7 minutes ago, brettikivi said:

so if you're - for example - using Spotify - and you have the playlist downloaded, this still happens?

Phone calls use a completely different technology. With your stream, you are downloading the music / video in "real time" and then playing it back. If your internet connection is poor, this can't work well. Hence the question about the downloaded playlists.

Well I don't have a Spotify account.  But I did add some mp3 tracks on my device. Same issue. 

Essentially, if Bluetooth is connected, it should just work. The options for it not working are it's being interrupted because the signal is too weak and not a lot else. 

So if the phone is in a bag in the boot... it should still just work. Unless it's in some form of protective mesh or there are other signal sources and it can't decide which one to use. 

I'm assuming you have deleted the phone from the BT devices on the car and re-paired it. If this doesn't help, I would remove *all* the devices from teh headunit and re-pair. I would also make sure that the issue isn't just in one location, i.e. go to your supermarket car park and confirm exactly the same problems, just to make sure there isn't some local interference (for example, the neighbour's kids with their speakers).

can you show on a video, please, exactly what happens? 

When Bluetooth gets glitchy it's due to either co-channel interference or there is not enough space on the 2.4G band to host the music (which takes up high bandwidth).

Depending on the firmware of the MIB unit and the protocols being used between the phone and the MIB unit, it might be with tweaking some settings to get everything to work as it should.

Test 1)

Get everyone else to switch off their Bluetooth devices in the car. If the glitching goes away, it's a bandwidth issue. Patch your phone's firmware (for the latest BLUEZ stack).

Test 2)

Update the firmware on the MIB system. Older versions of firmware have flaky firmware on the Bluetooth stack. Updates to the latest SOP3.x or SOP4.x helps.

Test 3)

Your phone if it is an Android device will try to negotiate the protocol it uses. This is bad news as on Auto, the system tries to negociate the standard and the stream type. I find SBC (for Audio Codec) and AVRCP 1.6 works fine for me.

Let us know how you get on.