Footwell matt pegs breaking

When I was driving the other day I stretched my foot, pulling the carpet footwell matt slightly. This bizzarely managed to snap one of the plastic pegs that hold the matt in place.

Apparently the peg can't be bought and replaced easilly, the enitre carpet has to be replaced! Annoying to say the least, especially as the dealer doesn't seem to want to do it as a warranty job so I'd have to buy it myself.

The problem is, now the matt moves about a bit and it feels a little disconserting. Does anybody think this should be covered by warranty? If not, I might try some sort of really good glue. Suggestions? :o

Dealer found a spare peg and replaced it :D Also, Skoda's ever brilliant customer services found me the part number anyway and you can order them in packs of 4 for 14p+vat per peg!

velcro my friend

I decided to use thick rubber mats this time and glued black Velcro under them to grip the carpet. Trouble is, at first the Velcro stayed on the carpet all right but the rubber came off! finally seem to have had success by glueing the velcro strips to the rubber underside with Devcon 5 minute epoxy - mat hasn't moved since but can be peeled off for cleaning.

We had this problem with our fabia years ago, and of course it was cured under warranty. Anyway, a decent dealer will just fix it up for you at any time, if you have a friendly relationship, as this is a common problem and the pegs cost next to nothing. That's the whole point of friendly 'family' dealers, and why Skoda worked hard to resist their dealerships being swallowed up into the collective VAG dealerships where we find other members of the family. We are are friends and fans, buyers and delaers alike, rather as in the early VW Beetle days. A certain camaraderie, no?

of course, all the idiots who ever thought Skodas were just rubbish are now flocking to buy them, but we must be loving and tolerant, I suppose, and learn to share our blessings!

I notice that when I get out of the car my left foot often moves back to kick or knock the left mat peg. Over time I suspect this may loosen and eventually break the peg so it's a little worrying that it may not have been easily repairable.

On the subject of mats for an Octy II , the footwell area seems pretty small and with the floor mounted accellerator it looks like it's going to be very hard to find some after market ones that will fit.

How much are the official Skoda ones , and has anyone found a cheaper alternative