Android Auto Stopped Working

Hi all,

I have a Skoda Octavio 2017 and have been using Android Auto to display Google maps on the console and listen to podcasts. About a month ago the car stopped recognising when I connect the phone (using a lead). The phone beeps but the car doesn't acknowledge the phone and so it can't connect. I've tried updating Android Auto to the latest version and using different leads but this doesn't help.

I have Skoda software version 0468 installed (with media codec 4101.0.0.0 ?) and the AA version is 6.8.623353.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can solve this? Any help gratefully accepted.

Many thanks,

David

23 hours ago, john999boy said:

AA has a newer version so maybe upgrade that as well as the following. Do a soft reset of the headunit and phone plus invest in a quality lead. The latter being the source of many a problem. 👍

Hi John999boy,

Thanks for your suggestions. How do I do a soft reset of the head unit please? 

Thanks

3 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

If you update to version 0480, that will most probably fix your AA issues.  0468 is shash....you won't get much joy with it.

Can I download the software update from somewhere and install it myself?

21 minutes ago, Archie_D said:

Can I download the software update from somewhere and install it myself?

Speak with @pab567 who can assist with the firmware.  Go to the Audio section of Briskoda and you will find my article about how to upgrade the firmware.

• 1 year later...

Hi I've just had this problem. Phone disconnected mid navigation.  The car and phone just cycled through the usual stuff and failed when trying to reconnect.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Android Auto, did nowt as did trying another phone.  Just wanted to confirm a Long Press on power button reset the stereo.  Now everything is working.

Thank you all for the advice in previous posts.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi  @pab567

I’ve got Octavia3 from 2018 with this version –

MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0471T

5Q0035874C

H29.319.51_STD2Nav_EU.

Could you please provide me the latest FW. Is it actually worth to update my systém. Any potential risk?

thanks