Totally leafy!

Chris

My mum has just taken delivery of her new motability Nissan LEAF. I was tasked with driving it back from the dealership and all I can say is wow. I've never driven an EV and really liked the pickup of the motor and instant torque. 

The e-pedal is a great feature and I got used to it very quickly. For those that don't know, it means you don't have to use the brake pedal and the car can be driven just with the accelerator. When you start to come off the pedal, the car begins to break and once fully off the car applies the brakes to bring the car to a total stop. Obviously in the event of an emergency stop then you use the brake pedal but in day to day use I can see this being great. It made the car so much easier to drive! Not sure why other manufacturers aren't on this already! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, john999boy said:

I thought most other cars already had this feature Chris. 👍

I don't think any manufacturers have it to the same level as the Nissan. They have the regenerative braking which does slow the car down but this actually stops the car completely. 

Happy with the Regen "B" level of my new Riviera Zoe, it can amount to 30 kws going back in to the battery.

I was keen to get a 64 kWh Leaf as they have similar range to the 52 kWh Zoe but I would had to wait at least 3 more months for it.

Great deal on the Zoe with nearly £9k of the RRP with government grant, Renault contribution, Delear contribution and great trade in.

Also £350 off the house charging box.

Expect deals might not be as good now as a couple of weeks ago as EVs become in even more demand.

Heat pump car heating and aircon seems to make that a not too painful thing to have on.

Like all EVS, except the non SUV Teslas, the rate of energy consumption at indicated 75 mph seems to hurt the range a lot and I do not know a clever way round that except to trade for a model 3 or 100 one day.