Škoda Fabia III 2016 some kind of bars near the sunglass compartment

Boki02

Hello everyone and I am new to this forum. All I can say based on most car models it will be the bluetooth handsfree microphone array placed normally in that location, hence the grille. In my Fabia w/ auto aircon model you have a similar grille next to the temperature control dials which houses the cabin temperature sensor. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armstrongmans said:

Hello everyone and I am new to this forum. All I can say based on most car models it will be the bluetooth handsfree microphone array placed normally in that location, hence the grille. In my Fabia w/ auto aircon model you have a similar grille next to the temperature control dials which houses the cabin temperature sensor. Hope this helps.

Hi, welcome, thanks for your reply.  I did wonder about the phone mike but for some reason (can't remember what now) I dismissed it.  The bar opening and even the square seem a bit large for a mike but I know nothing about bluetooth, when my mate mentioned it to me many years ago I thought it might be a a make of mobile phones.  All these modern things but relying on ancient radio. 🙂

• 1 month later...
On 05/10/2021 at 12:09, JGrindel said:

First photo is microphone for the infotainment system and second photo of the larger slits at the back are for the interior alarm sensors. 

@JGrindelWhen I left the window opened, I locked my car and tried waving my hand inside the car, but the alarm didn't go off. It also didn't go off as I opened the door from the inside while the car has been locked via the keyfob. 
Could it be that my alarm system is broken or something?

Had you perhaps pressed the interior alarm disarm button on the B post by accident?  See Owner's Manual (Driver's Handbook) page 55 for more details.

Is it working now?

alarminteriorbutton.jpg

1 minute ago, nta16 said:

Had you perhaps pressed the interior alarm disarm button on the B post by accident?  See Owner's Manual (Driver's Handbook) page 55 for more details.

Is it working now?

alarminteriorbutton.jpg

I don't have that button. I checked both sides of the car.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Boki02 said:

I don't have that button. I checked both sides of the car.

Then perhaps you don't have that system as I took that information from my PDF copy for our UK car.

Have a look at your Owner's Manual (Driver's Handbook) relevant to your model, country and time of build, if you do not have the paper copy (best kept in your glovebox) then you can find it here. - https://manual.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com/Models