Reduce oil level - Error message after service

Hi

recently got the is error message after a standard service on my Superb IV 2020.

Phoned dealer and told to ignore it. It is still there every time I switch on, which is now 4 weeks.

The oil level on the dip stick is showing just higher than the top mark.

Is this a problem or not.  I would prefer not to keep seeing the error message.

See your owners manual and the warning on overfilling and the diagram with area A.     You need them to correct their staff members error.      It is a problem if the oil level is that high when the oil is checked as per the owners manual.   At normal operating temperature parked on the flat and after the engine stopped for a few minutes.    Not dipped cold.    Some Skoda manuals wrongly say warm.  If overfilled have the dealership remove the extra oil and log their employees error.  And have them say how much over capacity they filled it.     They can send out a master tech or Skoda assist to remove oil. You should not be inconvenienced.  If you have to go to then ask for expenses.  Their hourly rate is fair.  Or they could do the next oil change for free. 

Edited by e-Roottoot

Ps, just out of interest have they used VW508 00 / 509 00 so 0w 20 FS IV, or just VW504 00/507 00, so 5w 30 FS III or even 0w 30 FS III,?   These plug in hybrids are not that green needing to be on Fixed oil and filter regimes.     Some run on mostly electric will use more oil than if it was a 2 Stroke. Low petrol and high oil just being put in then changed each year or 9,400 miles. 

Edited by e-Roottoot

8 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

Ps, just out of interest have they used VW508 00 / 509 00 so 0w 20 FS IV, or just VW504 00/507 00, so 5w 30 FS III or even 0w 30 FS III,?

The service report does not state which oil. 

What difference does it make.  Do I need to know.

It take it you pay for the service or paid with a plan.  Best you know on an invoice what goes into your car and what price   the cheaper old spec or the newer oil which is more expensive.    Or do they go with VW502 and the Fixed service interval oil, cheaper again by a little.       The recommended oil is VW508 00 for your car for lower emissions. That is what VW group did for the WLTP and RDE.    But seeing as they are on fixed services some dealers might just decide ignore that and use VW504.  

Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 11.13.03.jpg

Screenshot 2021-10-09 at 11.13.21.jpg

972195316_Screenshot2019-07-21at16_37_00.webp

Edited by e-Roottoot

36 minutes ago, ERIK99 said:

What difference does it make.  Do I need to know.

Price per unit volume of oil. So yes. Frankly, I'd want an itemised invoice for all works done, and parts replaced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

Price per unit volume of oil. So yes. Frankly, I'd want an itemised invoice for all works done, and parts replaced.

Thks.

I'm on a service plan so the actual amount used / amount charged is not important for this service.

@ERIK99

As it turns out it is rather.    If the engine oil is overfilled, or as it is you think it is.

Maybe not important to you what their charge per unit is.  It is nice to know the Consumables / Parts Numbers.  

But then they have that on their records which they can share with you. 

They might show Units as 0.5 litres or litres, but nice to know if the tech actually showed at a Oil & filter service that they put on the work Sheet more Units than the capacity of the engine, or required at services.

Also they show the correct spec. 

9 hours ago, ERIK99 said:

Thks.

I'm on a service plan so the actual amount used / amount charged is not important for this service.

Yeah, but how do you know what work was done without an itemised schedule?