Superb iV cruising mpg

Hi just a couple of questions on the car’s real world petrol mpg. 

If I was to use the petrol engine for the motorway where I would stick to say a steady 72/73 mph indicated speed what mpg would I get?

I can use the pure EV mode on the non motorway part of the journey.

I imagine that using the EV mode to cruise on the motorway will see the electric range plummet. 

I appreciate any answers. When I get car (should be in the next few weeks) I will of course be happy to report my own findings and answer any questions. 

Many thanks. 

40-45mpg at a steady cruise. If you hit traffic it'll rise further as the lower speeds and coasting aid the economy figure.

Someone will be along shortly to tell you how they get 190mpg by not using the heater in the winter 🥶

If you choose a lower cruising speed, staying around 60mph it will jump from ev to ice more frequently at your higher speed it will rarely move to ev mode. I've gotten 63 mpg from my first 1000km I'm hoping for better from this tank of juice.

Lower cruising speed isn't always practical in UK due to the speed limit and how others use the roads. You'll be getting tangled up with much larger vehicles maybe even using more fuel to get out of spots.

71 on mine just tips Waze into the red so is fairly accurate. 

As for mpg. As above expect around 45. I have my acc set to eco so it's not so one-off. At least it feels smoother and I get the impression it's not using unnecessary fuel.

I get about 45 to 50 mpg on a run, but this is cruising just over 130 kmh (about 80 mph). The car will cut the engine on big downhill sections. I use the route planner, so the car plans when to use the EV mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Motorways are a dangerous place to drive economically at around 50 mph. Setting to acceleration mode to ECO can be dangerous when trying to overtake because it takes too long for the car to overtake if you simply allow the car decide what to do. If you do use eco mode then you really need to judge the traffic and use manual acceleration to ensure to quick and safe way to overtake.

Getting 45 to 50 mpg on a motorway on petrol only is reasonable if you are able to drive consistently at say 65 to 70 mph.

From my experience, if you are in Hybrid mode with regen on ( B mode) you will get better mpg at a slightly slower speed, when safe to do so, of 60 to 65 mph, because you will get more regen, therefore more battery assistance, therefore better overall mpg.

It's good to know that when you use "B" mode that there is always a bit of battery left to go really quick, if you need to, since the combination of battery and petrol is awesome.