No hot or cold air blowing from vents at all

Hi all,

So yesterday I started my car and turned the fan speed up to max to clear the windscreen but I only heard a mechanical whirring noise, not unlike a CD player trying to read a disc. The fan speed went up but no air blows at all on any setting on any heat! I left it again til today and the same thing is happening! No heat or cold air blows from the vents no matter the fan speed! I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem or know what it might be?

I’ve had heaters blow only cold air for me before but nothing like this!

Thanks

If you have the climatronic try resetting the flaps...   I think it's ignition on then press and hold the Econ button and the bottom left (or possibly right) button of the direction buttons between the two rotary controls

• 2 weeks later...

Access the blower above the passenger footwell, it's possible something is jamming the fan and/or the set screw securing the fan to the blower motor shaft has loosened.

It's the flap positioning motor or the flap that is stuck (usually).  Mine does this every now and then. Lots of flap resetting usually helps it. Try pushing the Recirculation button. With mine when this is pressed the air comes through again.

Hi I'm having a similar issue, fan up full and only a trickle of air coming out whichever vent is selected, 

I'm assuming that the directional flaps to each chosen function are working as when you select one you do get a very small amount of air from it, is there a flap before any of the selectable function that should open when the ignition is turned on? 

Also the fan sounds way noisier than it should be as its not getting a clear path, had the fan out and ran it up no issues with the operation of it. 

I'm getting a little stuck with this, any help would be greatly appreciated 

2 minutes ago, Jscobie said:

Hi I'm having a similar issue, fan up full and only a trickle of air coming out whichever vent is selected, 

I'm assuming that the directional flaps to each chosen function are working as when you select one you do get a very small amount of air from it, is there a flap before any of the selectable function that should open when the ignition is turned on? 

Also the fan sounds way noisier than it should be as its not getting a clear path, had the fan out and ran it up no issues with the operation of it. 

I'm getting a little stuck with this, any help would be greatly appreciated 

I've tried recalibration several times but no change 

15 hours ago, Jscobie said:

I've tried recalibration several times but no change 

There are different ways of putting it into calibration, dependent of model year and variant.

If you have done it right you will hear the flap motors moving and see changes in air output.

Yes I have done it correctly, I had the glove box out at the time and could see the servo / white rotating back and forth and also had removed plastic vent for footwell and was able to visual 2 flaps moving, think I'm going to have to remove the dash and strip the heating system down to look for a blockage, or an actuator control arm not on correctly

• 2 months later...