Looking at purchasing Superb III - Anything I should look out for?

As per title, I'm currently looking at purchasing a MK-III Superb (my MK-II just died) I have my eye on a 2018 2.0TSI model with quite low miles  (<10k) in Sportline trim.  Is there anything particularly I need to look out for on this model, particularly the engine or gearbox (it's DSG) or any reason why this car is not a good idea.  For instance i know the MK-II 1.8 petrols were to be avoided due to oil consumption issues,j does anything similar affect the 2.0?

Also are there any high cost service items which are based on time rather than miles.

For instance, I got caught out when I bought the MK-II as it was advertised as having had a recent cam belt change which was true based on mileage but was 4 years since, I then found that this was the time period for cam belt change.  Does the 2.0 have a belt or chain and if a belt what is the service interval?  What about gearbox service intervals, are they time or mileage based?

Thanks in advance for any/all help

Peeling chrome on interior door handles.

Rust on door strap recesses.

DSG leave in P error on dash, can be intermittent and expensive to fix.

Rusty brake disks.

Check for boot leaks if it has rear wiper.

Are one touch windows working, switches can act up.

Pollution sensors fail, only a diagnostic will reveal. Both ours are not working.

I'll fitting glovebox.

Buzzing sound behind dash at 2000 RPM.

Exterior chrome trim rubbing around doors.

You may have some or none of the above,  we have had a few of the above on two cars over 6 years. Most of them are minor bar the DSG problem.

14 hours ago, Gdcobra said:

Does the 2.0 have a belt or chain and if a belt what is the service interval?  What about gearbox service intervals, are they time or mileage based?

It's chain driven.

Service intervals r every 12 months or 15,000 kms.

Major services r every 30,000 kms.

DSG (wet) is serviced every 60,000 kms.

8 minutes ago, JR RS said:

It's chain driven.

Service intervals r every 12 months or 15,000 kms.

Major services r every 30,000 kms.

DSG (wet) is serviced every 60,000 kms.

Thanks JR RS

No issues except door window trim on my 66-reg 2.0 TSI Sportline, 20k miles. Drives like the day I bought it with 1,700 miles on it from the dealer. Best car I've ever owned.

I loved my '08 Alfa Romeo Brera more, and it was a money pit.

You pays your money and takes your choice.