My 1998 Skoda Felicia 1.3 mpi has some 99,200 Miles on the clock and has just past the MOT (UK) .

For some time both the Electric heated wing mirrors have not worked now they move it is just the heater not working, I noticed the rear window heater is not working now , I checked the fuse number 13 a 30amp fuse and all is ok not blown the rear heater light indicator comes on on the dash but no rear window heater.

Any ideas any one as to were to look I can live without the wing mirror heaters not working but would like the rear window to work.

It's quite common for mirror heaters to stop working - there's a plastic sheet with copper wires on both sides, connection between layers burns over time.

Rear heater usually stops working wire by wire, so if it doesn't work at all, it's either connection at window or broken cable to hatch door.

Thanks again guys for the help, had a look today and found that the wire was broken to the hatch not the first time I have had problems there as I am not the best at soldering I had a go and put a new bit of wire in not the best of repairs but looks like all is working on the rear now.

That part of the car wiring is not good were it comes out of the body into the hatch the rubber boot has gone and I  put shrink tube around the wire and taped them all together, I noticed that the wires seen hard not flexible it  actually needs all rewiring.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/10/2021 at 23:02, mikefelicia said:

I noticed that the wires seen hard not flexible it  actually needs all rewiring.

The wiring needs to bend easily. The problem is no matter what you'll do the wires will end up breaking eventually. It is only a matter of time.