Anyone from Ayrshire?

AnnoyingPentium

I am part time Sunny South Ayrshire and have been for 12 years.   Currently sitting charging car at windy and rainy and warm Girvan Harbour. Still free thankfully.  Each way is at least 145 miles depending on if going via A71 and Edinburgh to get  Home or back.  Doing that shortly so 165 miles.  Done 900 miles in the past 5 days so far and half using petrol which is getting silly price wise. 

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

That's quite a journey all round!

1 hour ago, roottoot said:

Currently sitting charging car at windy and rainy and warm Girvan Harbour.

I love Girvan. I have a lot of childhood memories of stopping there with my Gran and Grampa when going to Stranraer during the Summer with the caravan. We'd stop in at the parking area at the far side where the little hut that sells the burgers sits. Good burgers, actually.

1 hour ago, roottoot said:

Done 900 miles in the past 5 days so far and half using petrol which is getting silly price wise. 

I do about 150-180 in a week mostly for getting shopping or to make some of the journey to university (the rest is covered by a train). I've found the cheapest bits to be Asda and Morrisons in Ayr for fuel, but only Morrisons does the Super Unleaded. There's a lot of maths I can go into how often I refuel and what it costs me. :D

Edited by AnnoyingPentium
Grammar and so on.
  • Like 1

I did  my usual tank fill at Tesco Ayr for Momentum 99 on Thursday Early. So E5   

148.9 pence a litre. £43.

Still worth it with a Non Turbo IMO.   Suzuki 1.6 Automatic.

(Car loved it as it has been running on Girvan filling station 95 / E10 and getting 38 mpg.

143.9 pence a litre today i think.)

It was into Scone Tesco for Momentum 99 on Wednesday afternoon 22.68 litre, £34, 149.9 pence a litre.   42 mpg from motorway and 60 mph roads.

Then Sainbury Prestwick Wednesday night Super Unleaded 97 Ron Min / E5, 147.9,  Got 41 mpg Scone to Prestwick.

It was 46 mpg on the coast road South and A77 to Cairnryan .

Back to getting 95 ron next time & until the car goes North again.   

If i use my Shogun it is 26 mpg regardless weather,

and EV is still free electric & for one charge between North & South.

Might need to pay to charge tonight in Edinburgh as all the Free Charge Place Scotland ones i use are showing faulty.

IKEA @ 42 pence a kWh, so 10 kWh is £4.20 and that is just 30-35 miles.   I need 25 kWh charge to get home.

That is too expensive really & not something i want to be paying.     

Hopefully Straiton or Hermiston Free charging works or at Edinburgh Airport.  

Trying to travel for 'Much Cheapness' is getting to be a PITA.  

By Dunure to Ayr to avoid Maybole, horrible time just now with the By-pass roadworks,

then A71 to avoid Glasgow later on. 

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

That's more detail than I was willing to go into! :D

The 1.2 Fabia has been given some of the 97 RON stuff from Morrison's the past couple of fill-ups, their "Super Fuel". My MPG is, on average, somewhere in the region of 40-48mpg depending on how I drive and if I'm going up hills a lot. I tend not to let mine go under halfway so it's usually about £30-£35 each time, every 2-3 weeks.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, roottoot said:

I stopped parking right where you are when eating my chips as too many gulls landed on the roof. 

It was empty when I was there. Parked there to eat my half-pizza from Graziano's and the gulls were perched on the little stubby bit on my tailgate... :D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, kitchens said:

E-K .....  Years ago I  went to Skoda meet in the central belt ,so idea if there is a meet up for Skoda owners anymore 

Not too far then. Went through the big E-K when going out to Hamilton to pick up my Fabia. :)

2 minutes ago, Wet Kipper said:

Originally from Ayrshire (Symington) but live in West Lothian now. 

Och aye just up the road then. I take it you've seen the introduction of the sliproads along the bypass? 

I'm saying this like they haven't been there for years! :D

yep, freaked me out a bit the first time I encountered them - folks are still down there and I hadn't visited in ages - but it certainly helps get across the carriageway safely. When they introduced the 50 limit for that stretch it seemed to actually make it harder to get across (steady stream of traffic, fewer big gaps) than when people were allowed to do 70 (and some did more) 

Edited by Wet Kipper
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...