Heated seats

1 hour ago, glenzzr said:

Hi does anyone know if the 2018 superb sportline auto has heated seats? As I can't seem to find it anywhere? 

It was an optional extra. 

if you were interested I have the option of retrofitting the heated seats to your car.

drop me a message if you’re interested 

My 2018 Sportline 280 has heated seats but not the steering wheel.

luck of the draw it seems based on who was specifying the options when it was new but obviously some things are easier than others to retrofit.

I would guess adding heated seats would require replacements seats, console panel for the buttons, wiring and possibly controllers as well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkudMissile21 said:

luck of the draw it seems based on who was specifying the options when it was new but obviously some things are easier than others to retrofit.

I would guess adding heated seats would require replacements seats, console panel for the buttons, wiring and possibly controllers as well?

Depends on the year whether -2016 or after but it can be quite involved depending on if you just replace seats or strip them and add heated mats (either time consuming or money consuming), new wiring looms, control units (year depending) and heater controls.

as well as the partial interior strip to get the seats out and run new looms 

• Like 1

Love your 280 must be fantastic acceleration!!! My sportline is a remapped diesel 150 bhp now 200bhp go's really well with still good fuel consumption, its a 18 reg same as yours, no doubt yours cost a lot more than mine, must say, I would love to own one like yours, trouble I have is I tow a caravan, so I suppose diesel is the better way to go don't you think, as I think the fuel consumption would be really heavy on a 280bhp petrol?? 

23 hours ago, SkudMissile21 said:

The proccess of fitting heated seats is very similar to what youve mentioned, but you dont have to replace the seats just install the heated elements within the current seats by removing the covers and installing the heating elements then re applying the seat covers. Its a lot of work to retrofit them as per OEM spec. 

On 29/10/2021 at 21:15, SkudMissile21 said:

It would depend when exactly the car was ordered.  My car is a late 2017 built (so a 2018 model) Sportline and when I was speccing it up, the heated steering wheel was not an option.

I'm don't think it was even on the L&K at the time either.

2 hours ago, roo said:

It would depend when exactly the car was ordered.  My car is a late 2017 built (so a 2018 model) Sportline and when I was speccing it up, the heated steering wheel was not an option.

I'm don't think it was even on the L&K at the time either.

You’re right. I own a late MY17 L&K. This was not even proposed as an option when I specced it as far as I can remember (at least on french version).

I have a 2017 (UK 17 plate) L&K with heated steering wheel. Not sure whether this was standard or optional extra as I did not spec it from new. It also has the 9.2 inch Columbus, so possibly an updated version over some of the earlier 2017 models...?

I'm finding all this rather curious. I have a 17 plate SEL Executive with heated seats and the 9.2in Columbus, but lacking the heated steering wheel (and paddles) I've found a new wheel on eBay minus the airbag. I wonder how difficult it would be to retrofit one in given that my car has some of the heating elements?

2 hours ago, SomethingSuperbly said:

I'm finding all this rather curious. I have a 17 plate SEL Executive with heated seats and the 9.2in Columbus, but lacking the heated steering wheel (and paddles) I've found a new wheel on eBay minus the airbag. I wonder how difficult it would be to retrofit one in given that my car has some of the heating elements?

It can be done. New looms. New steering wheel control unit, new heater display, and some lovely coding :) 

11 hours ago, ApertureS said:

It can be done. New looms. New steering wheel control unit, new heater display, and some lovely coding :) 

Out of curiosity, which display are we talking about?

12 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

The heater controls/display it uses a different button and firmware for heated steering wheel

Isnt the heated sterring wheel control separate from the drivers seat, as far as i know isnt it controlled from the MIB, the AC page?