Recommend a trickle charger?

I have a CTEK MXS 5.0 unit, good quality bit of kit and haven't had any issues with it, you can also buy CTEK extension cables if you need them for the connector side.

Mine has been on a 'project car' for around 8 months and battery is completely fine, it does get unplugged for a few days now and then but is mostly connected.

Another option is the solar trickle chargers, these are ok if you can get them positioned in the sun/light and buy a good size one. It also removes the issue of running cables from the car to the house etc.

+1 on Ctek - nice quick release connectors, waterproof and good. I have multiple connectors for mine; a cig lighter one for the car where it's permanent live, then a fixed pair of M6 rings I will shortly be attaching to the wife's. I have an MXS7, it's a decent unit. Wasn't cheap, mind...

I have bought a RING smart battery charger that has a winter maintenance  mode and its compatible with EFB,AGM,lead acid and gel batteries, it gets cracker reviews and it was half the price of the ctek chargers, I will start trying it soon as the weather gets a bit more colder, i've had Ring car products before and they last for years.

• Like 1