Start off revs

@Gazman3000

Sorry as no help, but is the car new to you?

and,

has it had any software update that you know of because of a 'kangerooing issue'  or is that not the kind of behaviour you are experiencing?

EDIT.

I see you had an issue, if you still have then is the car still under the Manufacturers Warranty?

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 19.07.27.png

Edited by roottoot

3 hours ago, roottoot said:

@Gazman3000

Sorry as no help, but is the car new to you?

and,

has it had any software update that you know of because of a 'kangerooing issue'  or is that not the kind of behaviour you are experiencing?

EDIT.

I see you had an issue, if you still have then is the car still under the Manufacturers Warranty?

Screenshot 2021-11-01 at 19.07.27.png

Not kangarooing. Just like when you get into a different car and you’re not used to the clutch.

I've got an older 1.4tsi manual and another totally different manual car and have to adapt throttle use between the two because they have differing characteristics.

The Octavia lifts the revs automatically, but briefly, to around 1500rpm as I lift the clutch which means I have to feed in throttle to offset the rev loss that occurs from both the brief boost and the extra load. My other car does not the brief clutch lift rev boost so the throttle balance at clutch bite point is very different.

That is when both engines are warmed up.

It took me a while to identify the Octavia's 'automatic boost' and my throttle control was a bit off initially and you may be experiencing the similar?

Edited by Gerrycan

7 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

I've got an older 1.4tsi manual and another totally different manual car and have to adapt throttle use between the two because they have differing characteristics.

The Octavia lifts the revs automatically, but briefly, to around 1500rpm as I lift the clutch which means I have to feed in throttle to offset the rev loss that occurs from both the brief boost and the extra load. My other car does not the brief clutch lift rev boost so the throttle balance at clutch bite point is very different.

It took me a while to identify the Octavia's 'automatic boost' and my throttle control was a bit off initially and you may be experiencing the similar?

Would this explain the slight judder I get from the clutch occasionally when I pull away quickly under load? It was happening at 9k miles and now the car is on 27k and it’s not got any worse but it’s not great either. 

1 hour ago, gm73 said:

Would this explain the slight judder I get from the clutch occasionally when I pull away quickly under load? It was happening at 9k miles and now the car is on 27k and it’s not got any worse but it’s not great either. 

Not really, the boost is only noticeable on light throttle. Heavier applications of throttle drown the effect.

Sure you are not describing axle tramp? It is possible on a 1.4 in first gear when pushed.

Clutch engagement is always smooth for me..

10 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

This sounds about right.  Only 1st gear setting off.  If the car automatically lifts the revs, then when they drop, this must be causing the slight judder. Must be something that I will have to learn to adapt to. Thanks.