Superb 3 - power consumption is high

Hello,

think I have a big problem. I had HEX-V2 + VCDS loaned from my good friend.

Did some codings:

- enable stripes with DLR

- enable rear lights with DLR

- disable beep while opening trunk with button inside the car

- enable offroad display

- disable start/stop

For some days Columbus 3 shows me "power consumption is high". Ok, I found it's because of disable start/stop, so I enabled it. Start/stop is working for me now but information about power consumption still shows me in Columbus 3.

I leave a car in about 6PM (after come to home from work). Carista shows me battery charge level 70%. Next morning (about 7.20 AM) carista shows me 55%. There is about 5C temperature outside at night.

At the morning and at the everning carista shows me Battery voltage 14,7V (car is running).

Will be very thankful if somebody helps me fix that. I think that problems started after my "coding". Followed only guides here on briskoda.net forums.

Thank you very much.

• Like 1

btw Start/Stop

I followed this guide

Go to Module 19 (Can Gateway)
Adaption
Go to  Kanaal: Start_stop_voltage_limit
change to  12.1V (standard is 7.6V)

But I enabled it back already as I wrote in the first post.

2 hours ago, brsk said:

can't edit first post.

year of car is 2017. Superb 3 2.0 TDI, 140kW, L&K.

Well no, not now. You could have when you made this post by selecting the ellipsis "..." top right of your post within an hour of making the post.

• 1 month later...

So problem is still here. If dissapears after 20-30km. Don't know why it shows.

Any idea please?

Maybe it's because of bad battery? Today I ordered new battery - Exide AGM 12V 70Ah 760A EK700.

20211213_075439.jpg

• Like 1

Hope you're right and warning about high power consumption will disappear. Today I ordered battery Exide Start-Stop AGM 12V 70Ah 760A EK700 so in next days will be replaced for OEM. And coded of course.

Edited by brsk

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm having the same issue. 

I did a 4hr motorway journey and the "power consumption high" msg remained. 

I regularly get low battery issues and struggles some mornings to start. 

My battery is the original Varta. 

My car is is 2019 2lr 4x4 

I did a battery test at kwik fit. They said it was 63% and said it was good enough. 

Should I just change the battery?

If the battery is on its way out then the winter is when it’ll show the most, batteries don’t like cold and it’s also when the car will have the greatest power load for glow plugs, cranking a colder engine with thicker (cold start) oil, heated seats, electric heater for initial warm air in cabin etc.

My Passat 2017 AGM battery 6 years and 10 months. When the average temps drop to 5 degrees I constantly get the “ power consumption is high” . Definitely the battery in my case because it cranks awful on cold mornings. Recorded this the other morning 

https://youtube.com/shorts/5OTwU98qmTc?si=MQk20JpQA_OYGIcb