Towing...

21 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

please explain this for me

If you passed your car driving test from 1 January 1997, you’ll be allowed to tow trailers up to 3,500kg MAM from 15 November 2021.

DVLA will update your driving licence record to show that you’re allowed to tow trailers. You’ll get category BE added to your driving licence when you get a new photocard driving licence.

That's the change without all the preliminary waffle that repeats the present rules.

I do have one question to add to yours though; How does anyone at all get 3 years category BE before 15 November 2024?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

That's the change without all the preliminary waffle that repeats the present rules.

Cheers Ken. I had come across this recently and was confused as hell. I don't plan on towing anything with a 64hp Fabia as I'm not one for wanting to move slower than milk floats, but it's beneficial to know about for the future. :)