Fan/Pump Behind Dash

Hi,

Looking for some advice owned my VRS 2013 petrol for about 7 years now (80000 miles) and it's been a great car. For a long as I have owned it when I turn the engine off I have always heard a fan/pump noise which radiates from behind the dash and lasts anything from 1 to 2 minutes maybe longer before it shuts off. I noticed the other day that this seems to have stopped or is just not as noisey. Car drives as it has for the last 7 years.

Temperature sits at 90 as normal

Oil temperature is ok as well.

All fluids are as to be expected.

Climate control working.

No warning lights.

Is Is this something I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure the pump noise is an electric coolant pump to keep it circulating for a bit after the engines stopped. . .

With ambient temperatures on the way down at this time of year, maby its not needed?

I'm sure mine has not made the pump noise a few times when I've switched off, I've just never really thought anymore about it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheClient said:

As above probably the secondary circ pump. Do a full autoscan. They do fail and usually report a dtc.

Hi what is dtc? and would this pump if it has failed not put on the engine management light. 

Is this pump called electric coolant pump or does it have another name?

Had the car on a longish drive today with no issues. Is this something that I should get looked at straight away?