Music from USB stick.

pragmatix

My last 2 cars that had USB would play music from the stick and when you either swapped to radio or turned the car off, upon restarting or reselecting media it would play from where you where, now the Karoq always restarts from the beginning, it's the MIB3 system  running 0270 software, have I missed something  in settings , happens with all the usb sticks I have which play perfectly in other cars though I don't have another Skoda to try them in, the other thing it doesn't display any album artwork which again I get in other cars.

I play it from an SD card, it does keep its place - I put all tracks into folders (By artist as an album) I wonder if that helps?  and the album art does disply - but the image file has to be tiny. I was getting album art from https://musicbrainz.org/ Even then some of it is too big and you have to use editing software to make the files smaller. An easy way to do it is to send it to yourself on Email, you get the option then to shrink the file size straight away.

Not tried a USB stick sorry, hope that helps. 

Just like  pragmatix, playing music from USB stick on my 2021 Karoq the exact same thing happens. Only time it didn't happen was when I was playing music from the USB, stopped the car and when I restarted the car  it continued playing from the USB stick. But if I change to the radio then back to the USB stick then it goes back to the start. Don't know what do do about it either. Just means I don't use my USB stick much.

If someone has a fix/knows the settings please let us know.

11 hours ago, VRS_White_Hatch said:

I play it from an SD card, it does keep its place

That’s the point..

You have the older system.

There is no SD slot in the latest version (Mib3) that newer vehicles have.

Like others I have noticed the same problem, I’m sure it didn’t work like that when we collected it at the end of September, and I know there has been an update to the software since we bought it.

Perhaps this issue will be ‘fixed’ in the next update, mind you I don’t hold out much hope.

Page 140 of Nov 2020 Owners manual shows an icon looking like a pair of intertwining arrows - it's random play. Should be selected and then you should have what you seek. Sorry - can't post a pic of the manual page as on the mobile. This is, by the way, for MIB3 Columbus system.

10 hours ago, Subseaeng said:

Just like  pragmatix, playing music from USB stick on my 2021 Karoq the exact same thing happens. Only time it didn't happen was when I was playing music from the USB, stopped the car and when I restarted the car  it continued playing from the USB stick. But if I change to the radio then back to the USB stick then it goes back to the start. Don't know what do do about it either. Just means I don't use my USB stick much.

If someone has a fix/knows the settings please let us know.

Glad it's not just me then.

One possible work around is to save artists, albums, genres etc as favourites and then you can always jump to a particular section without the music files starting at the first one every time?

Chris 

3 hours ago, vegit8 said:

That’s the point..

You have the older system.

There is no SD slot in the latest version (Mib3) that newer vehicles have.

Like others I have noticed the same problem, I’m sure it didn’t work like that when we collected it at the end of September, and I know there has been an update to the software since we bought it.

Perhaps this issue will be ‘fixed’ in the next update, mind you I don’t hold out much hope.

Oh the irony. The "older system" that works. 

Why is it that so many advances in tech make things harder? 

I don't wish for the return of the cd player or the cassette - but an SD slot can store hundreds of albums and works, why change it? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VRS_White_Hatch said:

Oh the irony. The "older system" that works. 

Why is it that so many advances in tech make things harder? 

I don't wish for the return of the cd player or the cassette - but an SD slot can store hundreds of albums and works, why change it? 

SD card or usb sick it shouldn't matter as both are just storage devices

2 hours ago, VRT24 said:

Page 140 of Nov 2020 Owners manual shows an icon looking like a pair of intertwining arrows - it's random play. Should be selected and then you should have what you seek. Sorry - can't post a pic of the manual page as on the mobile. This is, by the way, for MIB3 Columbus system.

That just messes up,the playlists not what I want, if I'm listening to an album I want to continue listening to that album when I get back into the car.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, CJJE said:

One possible work around is to save artists, albums, genres etc as favourites and then you can always jump to a particular section without the music files starting at the first one every time?

Chris 

That's how they are 

Thanks for all the responses. I think maybe it is just what it is. Annoying but a first world problem in reality.

Thinking about it we did have another car sometime ago (Qashqai maybe) which did the same. Looks like Radio 2 and Spotify for me. 

How about trying the 'pause' function before moving from USB to radio? Might work.

My USB media is set for random play, but even so I'm sure it picks up where it left off whenever I exit the car, without manually turning the infotainment off, and then return. I also use the 'mute' function (brief tap on the power button) which acts as a pause function (thats on the Columbus system - don't know what system is on SE-Ls) i.e. the system carries on playing from where it left off when un-muted, even if we turn off the infotainment in the interim. All that said, we have the personalisation service with user accounts and so it may be that this is remembering the fact that I was playing USB media when last in the car and thus restarts it where I left off!

Nothing with MIB3 is straightforward!

22 hours ago, VRT24 said:

Page 140 of Nov 2020 Owners manual shows an icon looking like a pair of intertwining arrows - it's random play.

I always have this selected, I like the ‘randomness’ of what comes next.

I have over 200 cds on my USB stick, in the old car (a 2018 Octavia) it might take months before a ‘repeat’ occurred.

I have not yet worked out what set of circumstances cause the system to go back to the beginning - it always finds the same track, even though this is buried within an ‘Artist’ folder and then an ‘Album name’ folder.

And .... no the first track found is not alphabetically the first either.

All very mystical.

Picked up a 2021 karoq a few weeks ago and still haven't found a way to play my music on my sdcard from my previous karoq. I tried a card reader plugged in the usb c socket, it didn't work, then I added music to my micro sd card in my phone, plugged it in the usb c socket still can't get the android auto to identify it. Using spotify at the moment via the phone but this technology seems to have advanced beyond my capability.

11 minutes ago, Bernardinho said:

still haven't found a way to play my music on my sdcard from my previous karoq

What you need is one of these

They are USB 3 at one end and USB C at the other.

Just copy all the files from your old SD card (via your HDD) to the new thumb drive.

These are tiny, you just plug em in one of the slots by the sweet storage place, and in Media, select source and it will show up.

I find it helpful (for the missus) to rename the drive to something like 'Karoq Music' it makes more sense to those who are IT challenged...

Edited by vegit8

On 22/11/2021 at 15:50, vegit8 said:

What you need is one of these

They are USB 3 at one end and USB C at the other.

That's exactly what I use for all my music. In answer to the original question -  I have a MY21 Karoq with 0270 firmware on Mib3 and regularly switch between Media (mp3 files), Radio and Nav. In all cases when I return to Media it starts at the same mp3 as before and the same point in the song. I always list my songs by album.

With regard to album artwork my system didn't show it but I had ripped the tracks from my cd collection. I added the artwork via a tagging app and I now see all artwork but as VRS has said I've found that 200x200 image size works well. It's just a shame that the system still doesn't update all the Radio Channel artwork.

5 hours ago, Bernardinho said:

Thanks for the advice vegit8. Bought the flash drive and all sorted. Now have heavy metal thunder while diving....unless the other half is in the passenger seat  then its Adele!

Adele hells teeth how do you put up with that wailing

7 minutes ago, stepheno said:

If you are selecting by Album then I would expect music to be played in the same order as on the album. Have you looked in settings?

It does play in the order of an album but it always starts at the beginning it the stick.

18 hours ago, stepheno said:

If you are selecting by Album then I would expect music to be played in the same order as on the album. Have you looked in settings?

Thank you. I have looked in settings, but will have another look today.

Nothing in settings appears to fit the bill.

I wonder if it is because the idiot of a service manager at the dealer just pulled out the memory stick instead of "safely removing" it, meaning I have to download the albums to the stick again.