Citigo added to the family garage.

AGFalco

14 hours ago, peter3197 said:

I only use the handbrake when parked away  from the house. Pull up on the drive, handbrake on, engine off, into 1st, then handbrake off. I do have the advantage of a flat drive. Sticky rear drum brakes have been happening as far back as I can remember if parked up after getting them wet. The best one was when I came back from a 2 week holiday abroad to find my Passat locked up solid after parking up in a very wet car park, wheels off and a large mallet sorted the matter.

I've owned numerous cars with rear drums and had zero issues with them sticking - hence my immense dissatisfaction regarding the VAG vehicle I purchased new

• Like 1

Fitted both inner rear wheel arch liners and rear mud flaps yesterday.

Thanks to  https://www.briskoda.net/forums/profile/32484-owens/

Lat week spent 1.5 hours jet washing the inner rear wheel arches only to find mud still above the fuel filler cap when I put the car on the ramp.

Yesterday jet washed ALL the mud/dirt of the car's inner arches. ( Not a good day to do this with it snowing in the morning. )

I jacked the rear of the car up enough to get the end of the jet wash lance above the fuel filler cap from inside the wheel arch.

I used a 90 degree chassis adaptor on the end of my jet wash lance to get the right angle of attack.

Then proceeded to fit liners and mud flaps. I used a fan type space heater to help with any drying required.

Parts list a follows. Note some new part numbers and some unused parts were delivered.

1S0810971C          Inner wheel arch liner left.   Now modified note the last letter of the part number is C

1S0810972C          Inner wheel arch liner right. Now modified note the last letter of the part number is C

1S08109879B9      Adaptor lower rear left.        The adaptors don't appear on the TPS diagram but is listed.

1S08109889B9      Adaptor lower rear right.      The adaptors don't appear on the TPS diagram but is listed.

N90974701            Screw insert for inner arch chassis holes X 6. ( 3 each side )

N10321301            Screw insert for outer arch chassis holes X 4. ( 2 each side )

N909747701          T25 Torx screw x 18. Only needed 14  ( 7 each side ) as you can reuse 4 from the removed front adaptors.

811807577C          Screw insert  for wheel arch liner X8. None used? Anybody want them, free?

Link here to what they are. https://www.vehicleclips.co.uk/plastic-screw-grommet-audi-811807577c/

See photos in next post.

The instructions above were useful and I would add the following for my Facelift version.

The Citigo had a lot of mud/dirt in the rear arches from it's first three years of use. ( Two hours of jet washing to clean off )

There WAS just the first signs of rust/flaky paint around the fuel filler cap inside the wheel arch.

I also gave this area several sprays of paint before fitting the liners.

I used a small flat headed screwdriver to find make the holes in the chassis.

I used a 1/4 inch extension bar to make the holes just large enough for the inserts to be fitted.

I filled the holes with sealant before knocking in the screw inserts.

( tiger seal, https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01AAN6LC2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1? )smid=A3F3MRLZKKJ6Y6&psc=1 )

The rear of the wheel arch liners did NOT want cutting / modifying when fitting with the rear mud flaps. 

The screws you remove from underneath the rear bumper are a Torx 15 and are not reused. ( 1 each side )

More photos in next post.

Thanks, AG Falco.

Edited by AGFalco
tried to add photos.

IMG_20211128_101334940.thumb.jpg.4e178b506e0c1ba1170ecf84aa44885b.jpg

Parts bag and unused parts.

The 8 chassis fittings at the bottom of the photo are wanting a new free home?

811807577C          Screw insert  for wheel arch liner X8. None used? Anybody want them, free?

IMG_20211127_170120853.thumb.jpg.8c880516e3e22da246d218e33ef5281d.jpg

3 x Inner chassis fittings left hand side.

IMG_20211127_170248216.thumb.jpg.1ed1430a5b01588d199816cd723c8dc1.jpg 

2 X outer Chassis fittings right hand side.

IMG_20211127_170147193.thumb.jpg.2344c449bb078de8e3916f78ac85919e.jpg

Rear mud flap and unmodified liner right hand side, with fan space heater on floor in background.

IMG_20211127_170314916.thumb.jpg.6ee4c2274cb6144bbb603b6a5126d763.jpg

Under bumper Torx 25 screw, left hand side.

Thanks, AG Falco

Edited by AGFalco
Added part number to text.
  • Like 1

On 20/11/2021 at 20:43, AGFalco said:

Half joked that this will be my daily driver from now on, instead of the Fabia.

Now the wife has driven the Citigo for a week she wont give it back to me. ☹️

Back to the Fabia then. 😀

Thanks, AG Falco

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Forth service and second MOT done today. Mileage is 36K.

Booked in for an MOT at 9.15 this morning.

Left the car with them just before 8.30.

Was given a complement by the MOT tester, I like doing your car's they are always clean / looked after. 

Phone rang at 9.17 to say MOT is done, passed with no advisories.

Did big 4th service after.

Cabin filter is above the passengers foot well, two push in clips to open at the end that is closer to the seat. Filter was dirty.

Air filter housing on top of engine is a pull off / push on fitting with one small rubber pipe to disconnect as well.

Sump plug at back of sump with a 19 mm head and new crush washer fitted.

Oil filter on the lower front of the block. Spin off type and used a Boa Constrictor strap wrench to loosen.

While the oil is draining I changed the air filter.

About 1 dozen Torx 20 screws to open air filter housing, old filter not dirty but still fitted new one. Don't yet refit housing.

Spark plugs are under coil packs that are under the ( removed ) air filter housing.

One electrical clip per coil pack to pop off and then one 10 mm bolt that holds the coil pack down, then pull up gently to remove.

Use a small 10mm spark plug / 16 mm Hex socket with a long extension bar to remove spark plugs.

These were worn but were a good colour, new spark plugs fitted then refitted coil packs and air filter housing.

Filled engine with just above 3 Litres of oil and check level.

Start engine, let settle then check / top up oil to max.

Bosch filters and 3 NGK spark plug were under £40.00.

I have three cars that can all use the same oil so I buy this in 20 Litres containers as it is cheaper.

Reset service indicator using OBDeleven and updated the car's Skoda Digital Service record via ERWIN.

Will swap the Winter tyres for the summers in about a months time.

All good.

Thanks, AG Falco

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought two CitiGo’s for myself and the wife. 15 plate Elegance 75bhp with stop/start which is at £0 road tax, and a 63 plate 60bhp at £20 road tax (no stop/start). Loving them.

I read about the potential rust problem round the filler neck. So last Monday I got my arm up there and brushed away the dry dirt off both of them, then got the hose pipe onto them. I left them to soak for a while, did the hose pipe again and now all clean. Going to get some Dinitrol to spray up there.

We live near Chester, took a train down to Bridgend (lovely journey) to pick my 15 plate up, then drove 170 mile straight up the middle of Wales. Again a lovely journey. I bought a Garmin info/satnav screen for it, that’s handy.

10 days later we went in my card to Llangefni, Anglesey, to pick up the wife’s 63 plate. The return journey was 160 mile and my car with Garmin was showing 69.4mpg.

We both had Toyota hybrid cars, and I learnt how to hyper mile my Prius, so I put that learning into the drive to Llangefni and back.

We both now in our 70’s and covid curtailed our journeys, and apart from holidaying I the uk, I don’t think we will get back to doing journeys we have in the past. So I took advantage of the high price being offered for good used vehicles and sold the two hybrids via internet buying sites (Best Car Buyer for my Prius and Motorway for the Auris). I bought the Auris hybrid for myself 4.75 years ago and lost just £700 on it. Then the wife inherited it when I got a Prius. I did well selling that too.  Obviously the GitiGo’s prices were inflated too, but at a lesser price then the two Toyotas meant we have money in the bank.

I am surprised how nippy the CitiGo is, actually I cannot tell the difference between the 75 and 60bhp. Maybe I will on a MWay or long hills.

Really enjoying them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There is no difference in peak torque between 60ps & 75ps, and until you go over 4k rpm, you cannot feel any difference (you can't tell cruising on a motorway)

The 75 is a lot nicer for overtaking though, where you may need to rev it a lot more, and then you can feel the 25% more power. It's basically that the 75 has an extended torque band at high revs, but which is nevertheless below the peak level.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that info above Steve, that explains a lot.

Most of our journeys are knocking around locally but we going on holiday this year to east Yorkshire and then North Yorkshire, so may get to tell the difference on those lovely hills they have.

Winter tyres now swapped for summers. ( did about a month ago )

Only needed 1 tyre as I had a new summer that was on the spare wheel.

Both fronts new and rears about half worn.

Removed O-S-R wheel arch liner to check for rust around fuel filler spout.

All good but sprayed with another layer of paint just in case.

The liner definitely stops any mud build up under the rear wheel arches.

Thanks AG Falco

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

AGFalco, you have fitted wheelarch liners to your CitiGo. I am waiting delivery for offside wheel arch for both our CitiGo’s. Not bothered with near side. 
What I need is the bits to fit each.

Can you please tell me where I can get the bits from and what exactly I need. If you can give me quantities for 1 offside wheel arch that would be fine.

4 hours ago, LetsGo said:

Can you please tell me where I can get the bits from and what exactly I need

See this post above. 

On 28/11/2021 at 11:54, AGFalco said:

Parts list a follows. Note some new part numbers and some unused parts were delivered.

1S0810971C          Inner wheel arch liner left.   Now modified note the last letter of the part number is C

1S0810972C          Inner wheel arch liner right. Now modified note the last letter of the part number is C

1S08109879B9      Adaptor lower rear left.        The adaptors don't appear on the TPS diagram but is listed.

1S08109889B9      Adaptor lower rear right.      The adaptors don't appear on the TPS diagram but is listed.

N90974701            Screw insert for inner arch chassis holes X 6. ( 3 each side )

N10321301            Screw insert for outer arch chassis holes X 4. ( 2 each side )

N909747701          T25 Torx screw x 18. Only needed 14  ( 7 each side ) as you can reuse 4 from the removed front adaptors.

I bought the bits from TPS. ( Trade Part Sales which is a VW owned parts company )

They don't all sell to the general public, try this one:-

https://tps.trade/info/centre-finder/tps-chester?postcode=CH1&location=53.2142574,-2.9372378&location_search=0

Thanks, AG Falco

• 1 month later...

I have had the Citigo for a year now and it is up to 41 K miles.

Today I swapped the summer tyres for the winters.

Stripped, cleaned and re greased the brakes, they look about half worn so far.

Fitted a pair of front Bosch wiper blades.

Also fitted an under bonnet sound absorber.

Present part number is 1SO-863-831-A and comes with the seven clips to fit it.

About two minutes work. See photo below.

528122875_IMG_20221109_182922190Small.thumb.jpg.404aa7148fae0c24e0da203a82511e3d.jpg

1981795011_IMG_20221112_162129612Small.jpg.fac7855defa729cbecc96ce5c2220acb.jpg

Car still good.

Thanks, AG Falco

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yesterday the GoGo had it's MOT and 5th Service.

MOT straight through with car now up to 44 K miles.

5th service is just a small oil and filter service and a check over,

Bosch P7143 oil filter less than a tenner.

Needed to buy 20 Litres of oil as I was almost out.

The oil I buy will go in all three of my cars so I buy in bulk.

Battery still good, brake fluid good and antifreeze/coolant good.

Reset Service/Inspection light and updated electronic service record via Skoda Erwin.

Will change back to summer tyres in about a month.

Car still good.

Thanks. AG Falco

• Love it! 1

• 1 year later...