Updating Columbus Maps with no SD slot! 2021 Superb (Scout)

Item

I am waiting for the dealer to come back to me, but in the mean time I thought someone here might know!

My 2021 Superb Scout (NZ market) has no SD or DVD etc - just a blanking panel in the glove box. The manuals all seem to refer to the old SD method of update for the maps.

I tried to use a USB A memory stick plugged into the port in the centre console but the system didn’t seem to recognise it - I haven’t tried using the USB-C port yet…

Any ideas?

Pretty sure you have a MK4 so  map updates are over the air now :)

I'll ask a mod to move your thread.

edit:

Sorry, MIB3 rather than MIB2/2.5. Still, maps are now OTA as I mentioned :thumbup:

Edited by langers2k
  • Like 1

Here's some updated instructions for MIB 3 systems with USB C that don't have a SIM (Aust and NZ):

https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/Download/Map-updates-mib3.pdf 

Apparently you have to use the USB C  port in the front panel. Once you've downloaded the files onto a USB flash and put in it the USB C socket, you just leave it there for a few trips while it updates. After a while if you check the map version it will have updated (at least it did for my 2021 Superb).

Hope it works for you.