I Hit a Satnav Not Saving Settings bug

omadon

After 6 months of flawless usage, I hit a "not saving settings bug on built-in navigation" bug. Don't know what triggered this but the car was not driven for almost 3 weeks (it was at dealers for bodywork and paint).

The symptoms are the same as reported here on a couple of topics, satnav loses all settings (favorites, history, configuration) after you shut down the car.

I tried manually to turn off the infotainment and the same thing happens, all data and configuration is lost. I tried with both the Guest account and the new account, the same result. My version is 18.03, E at the end of a part number.

As there is no way you can connect to an Infotainment system or use some kind of debug mode there is not much I can try. To me the problem looks like the internal storage that is used for saving settings is full or damaged but of course, there is no way to check this.

I guess visiting the dealer is my only option. I somebody has some ideas, please let me know.

I will try one more thing, disable the e-sim connection to make sure that settings are not overwritten from the cloud somehow, but I doubt it.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have the same problems since i got the car from new factory order last July.

My heated steering wheel also stopped working after they did a SOS module update.

Have booked my car in from Mon 7th Feb, hopefully i can report back with some good news.

Good luck to both. I tried doing all sort of tests to see where the problem is and this is driving me crazy. FYI what I saw is:

- Favorites and any history data for Navigation is lost immediately I shut down an start a car back again, however sometimes I can see Home and Work address, sometimes just one of them (for other it says ''Not set'') and sometimes even a favorites show up, but there is no logical pattern on what you will find when you start a car and mostly it is empty. Anyhow, in large majority of cases (90%+) Navigation favorites and history are empty.

- Setting to start seat heating automatically when I start a car suffer from the same problem above, again with no logical pattern of remembering the setting.  

- Infotaiment bakgoround is mostly remembered, but once it happend that system has somehow replaced the backgroung for a current user with a setting that I had earlier with another user (I made additional user account with different email address to troubleshoot) which I find strangest out of entire experience since implicitly it can lead to next owner have access to my current settings & data (!?).

- Phone favorites are remembered first few start ups and then lost, just as with navigation, however this can be solved by using a Guest account constantly (under guest account phone favorites are remembered and work as you would imagine).

My problems with saving settings started with Emergency/Travel Assist errors that started to appear. If I i had to guess I would say that faulty sensor in steering wheel caused Emergency/Travel Assist errors that somehow filled (with error logs) or somehow damaged the internal storage on 5F module causing the problems with saving different configuration options, mainly navigation settings. I also regularly lose AC settings and I get "Changing your vehicle settings" message.

Or it could be that internal storage on 5F module has some kind of hardware error that seems to appear after certain amount of time.

20 minutes ago, omadon said:

somehow damaged the internal storage on 5F module causing the problems with saving different configuration options

IMHO the problem isn't damaged storage but badly written software that uses the storage not using it properly.

• 3 months later...

I solved my problem with saving navigation and AC settings. Steering wheel was replaced under warranty and new software was installed 1803 -> 1896.

Now all settings are saved correctly.