Recalled Again - software

6nations

I've never known a car like this, it's now been recalled (not me asking) for the 5th time in a year of receiving it from the factory (car sent error message to Skoda). Along with this its a bag of rattles, both front doors, hatch hard plastic sprung bracket (what was wrong with rubber) and why as per many should I have to grease them so often (it's not an Austin 7),  inside of hatch behind number plate rattle (Skoda did sort this), rear drivers door, the 60/40 seat brackets ( thanks to briskoda I solved this as Skoda couldn't) , front assist radar,  front camera, airbags, satnav, warning lights , infotainment often does its own thing as do the follow you home lights , I wonder what the 5th  recall is, dealer was told my car had told Skoda it had a problem....and I know what it is, this will be my last flying arrow after owning 4 to date.

Are they all bad , I dont care it's a car and they've been made for decades so not a new concept ...hayho!

Edited by 6nations
  • Sad 1

Everyone keeps saying buying in the first year of a new model is a bad idea, but no one seems to listen. Manufacturers know this and predicting every rattle is too expensive so all of them push barely ready cars out the door and just sort issues as they come up.

• Like 1

Hi zetzet, yep with you on that, I was in a situation of needed to change, silly me thought Skoda had built good solid cars till then, then again some other brands font suffer this launch issue, well except a friend she was locked out of her 50k tesla due to their own build and tech issues, I think the brand's just don't care anymore on the usual consumers second biggest purchase, they've become a disposable commodity Iike mobile phones

• Like 1

12 hours ago, zetzet said:

Everyone keeps saying buying in the first year of a new model is a bad idea, but no one seems to listen. Manufacturers know this and predicting every rattle is too expensive so all of them push barely ready cars out the door and just sort issues as they come up.

My mate had one of the first BMW Mini's in the early 2000's;  full of problems.  I've always said I wouldn't go for a brand new model so what do I do, go and get a brand new model.  Lesson learnt!

Only 18 months left on the lease so mine might be 100% by then for the next victim owner 😂

Many search out launch / first build models a year or 2 down the line.  Sometimes they can be the best of the bunch before the manufacturer's then start penny / euro pinching, then again they can find that they were overpriced and not selling like hotcakes and they add more standard equipment and reduce the RRP as Skoda did with Mk 2 Fabia Monte Carlo Tech.      The MK4 Octavia's might be keepers for some but early ones might be well off used buyers wish list.   Let's see how Dealership asking prices go though.  Salespeople will never of heard of issued when selling them but will know all about it when offered ones as a trade in or straight sale. 

I was lucky when I had my Mk 3 Superb only a few months after release (ordered around the time it was released and received 5 months later) and had nearly 5 years of fantastic driving out of it.  I guess I was lulled into a false sense of security when it came to the Octavia!  As for @PetrolKev mine is on a lease/company car so I've only a couple of years left and won't be hanging on to it longer (as I did do for the Superb).  Not sure what I'll do then but I guess in 2 years time a lot will have changed...

'Cold weather' great new excuse, I wonder what happens in Norway or other really cold locations!! Most dealers seem to just plug computer in and if it says 'No fault' that's it, customer is wrong, even with interment faults! 

On route home after a hard rest , tyre pressure, front assist, lane assist, front and rear lights failure (but they'd not ) warning lights came on , turned engine off then on and all vanished, its now  a conversation between dealer and factory...a beautiful car failed by a crap computer. To be fair the dealer has been fabulous , whoever signed off in Skoda  the software what back in circa 2019 should be sacked

23 minutes ago, 6nations said:

a beautiful car failed by a crap computer

Eight words which perfectly sum up Škoda’s [former?] best selling model.

Mine is now basically working OK, but the daily minor niggles persist (such as the ghost in the back seat playing with the interior lights); such a shame.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, sneal said:

Mine is now basically working OK, but the daily minor niggles persist (such as the ghost in the back seat playing with the interior lights); such a shame.

Interesting.

I have seen that a couple of times and never thought more of it!

I'll keep an eye on it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2021 at 20:03, sneal said:

Eight words which perfectly sum up Škoda’s [former?] best selling model.

I'm having this rear interior light issue since the last software recall which gave me wireless Android Auto. Pesky ghosts!

3 hours ago, roottoot said:

@snealAt what point this year did the Octavia Mk4 stop being Skoda's best selling car, or most produced and delivered and first registered?

Is it just in the 2nd half of 2021. 

Screenshot 2021-12-18 19.44.06.jpg

To answer your question - I don’t know. It was purely speculation on my part hence the “… [former?] …” in my earlier post.