Fuel Filler Flap sticking

Hi all

Went to fill my car with fuel this morning and the fuel filler flap wouldn't open. Luckily a few locks and unlocks managed to get it open. Tried again when i got home and it seems stuck again. 

I can see from searching the forum that others have had this issue. Has anyone changed the solenoid themselves? And could anyone share the part number needed and instructions on how to change it? 

Many thanks

From various posting on Briskoda, I seem to remember you have to remove the inner boot lining to get at the solenoid.  However, as it is not completely dead, you might be lucky with some DRY lubricant on the throw bolt, but I suspect that you have an intermittent electrical connection on the windings of the solanoid coil which will ultimately fail. 

The part is available at Horton Skoda - https://www.theskodashop.co.uk/products/skoda-fuel-flap-actuator

There is a very long thread on how to fix it; similar setup to the Yeti in some respects:

Edited by varaderoguy

Hi Quick search of such threads

Part number 7P0810773F

@varaderoguy, its not that hard if the OP can still open it. 

Fitting is very easy open fuel flap remove just the one torx screw and you can wriggle the hole unit out from the filler neck, and actuator simply pulls off. 

you can break off the two little tabs from the actuator if you need to wait for parts but then the fuel flap will not lock..

regards

Edited by paulski
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Scanning the threads on this topic indicated that cold weather seems to cause / exacerbate the problem.

When mine stuck no amount of pushing flap or locking and unlocking would release the flap.

Read somewhere that warmer weather seems to resolve the issue at least temporarily.

I borrowed my wife's hairdryer, put it on hot setting and blasted the area around the actuator - took only 20 secs and flap popped open!