Aftermarket remote key/fob

Hey guys!

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the aftermarket keys available for the Octavia MK3 (or if you know a good source?)

Twice now my key has left me wondering how to get into the car - the first time it just magically started working again after fiddling and trying many different batteries - and the second it required me to completely disassemble it (to the point of realising they're glued together), I put it all back together and it magically started working again. I've now found the emergency key hole on the drivers door!

I believe there may be a broken trace/board/bad joint rather than a battery issue - I didn't replace the battery today and it just started working again after a fiddle.

Cheers!

With a bit of patience, it is possible to dismantle the fob and replace the shell, which is what I’ve done, and it now looks like the attached picture.  However, I kept the original circuit board.  The hardest part was getting a new key cut. If you think the issue is associated with the circuit board and don’t have a spare, I suggest searching for a local repair service.

Key Fob2.png

Yep, i'm thinking that it's got a dodgy solder joint or bad trace rather than a battery issue (the same battery has now been powering the spare key for the past 5 days).

I'm going to have another go at trying to get the key apart (going to heat it gently first to see if it'll soften the adhesive they've used), and will have a good look over it for any broken joints - even if not, it'll give me access to the transponder chip and may be able to transplant that into another key (and then just reprogram the remote).

I could program keys for my Focus with the Forscan software, and did so (a fob for my own car, and another key/remote combo for my folks when they lost one of their keys!)

I'll keep you guys updated!

• Like 1

I have just had my key repaired postal service and I can't recommend this guy enough. My kessy key stopped working so I took it to the main dealer after trying batteries. They said it needed replacing at a cost of 380 quid. I sent it special delivery on Monday to this chap in Wales and 40 quid later and returned today Thursday all working. A decent honest bloke. Give him a go.. I sent a what's app message and he replied straight away. His name is RAF SABIR 07742504123.Hes  an ex electronics repair guy and knows his stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2