Skoda Citigo SE (2013) - PID compatability?

mrehke

Looking for advice please...

We are just in the process of buying a Skoda Citigo SE, year 2013 in the UK.  I noticed that it has the removable plastic blanking plate on the dash for where the PID cradle is potentially attached.  Given it is an SE and not an SE L model, will this car have the correct electrical connectivity in the dash and the pins to connect up a Garmin cradle and the Skoda Garmin PID unit please?  I have asked our local Skoda dealer and the PID with cradle are still available onback order from the Czech Republic, even though this model of Citigo has been superceded.

Thanks in advance -

Mark

If it has the plate, the PID will connect. There is a different dash without the plate on cars without the connectivity on some cars that were sold outside the UK. If you get a new one I don't know what maps it will have as Garmin no longer support it.

Edited by peter3197
Extra info.

Many thanks Peter - hoping that the maps will already be uploaded to include Europe (though doubt my daughter will cross the Channel in this Citigo!)...the dash definitely had the plastic cover cap, so I presume all good with the socket for the cradle wired to the loom...

Cheers!

Mark

Just now, mrehke said:

Many thanks Peter - hoping that the maps will already be uploaded to include Europe (though doubt my daughter will cross the Channel in this Citigo!)...the dash definitely had the plastic cover cap, so I presume all good with the socket for the cradle wired to the loom...

Cheers!

Mark

The problem is that the map version may be quite old and no new version is available.

What's up with old?!  My two owned cars are a 1955 Land-Rover and and 1969 TR 6 (I have a small company car)...my daughter will just have more excuses for getting lost and something other than her navigation skills to blame!  My main concern is the state of the battery inside the unit...

Thanks for the advice -

Mark

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrehke said:

Who would live in Market Harborough...?! 

I'm told it's quite nice, but the house prices go up 50% as you cross the county boundary to Leicestershire.

• 4 months later...

I bought a used Garmin paid off EBay for £158, works fine on out two CitiGo’s.

Thing is I don’t know how old the map is, I read somewhere the update is only available in the VW website and I can’t find it. When I say update, I understand they stopped couple years ago, but if my map is older than that I would like to update to the last they did.

Anyone know any more info.???

I ended out purchasing a new Garmin  PID for the Citigo from our local Skoda dealer.  It came with the fitting kit.  Trouble is that the software is the original mapping, which is now out of date for the most recent roads.  I do not think that you can update the software from Garmin...this is not an issue unless you are in an area with a lot of new roads, or if it goes wrong...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mrehke said:

I ended out purchasing a new Garmin  PID for the Citigo from our local Skoda dealer.  It came with the fitting kit.  Trouble is that the software is the original mapping, which is now out of date for the most recent roads.  I do not think that you can update the software from Garmin...this is not an issue unless you are in an area with a lot of new roads, or if it goes wrong...

Maybe I didn’t make it too clear.

I know map updates have ceased.

what I don’t know is….. have I got the latest update that is available.

And if not, how can I get it.

Support ended just over a year ago so that would have been when the last update was. The Garmin 'Fresh' site where maps were updated from ceased providing updates at that time which, I believe, was the only source of updates and is no longer accessible. I contacted Skoda customer service at the time whose response was basically 'tough'.

• 4 months later...

The last update is availabe here: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/myvolkswagen.html

Create an account and choose the UP as the car you have, no need to register vin etc...

In the map support section the last update is for q3 or q4 2021.

You have to download and extract the files from the .rar file to the root of a micro sd card, insert it into the pid

and connect it with the power lead, when powered on it will start the update, dont touch anything once the update starts

Its finished when you have a green screen and are able to select ok on the screen, its a full wipe/recovery install...

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Not sure about buying used. There is a security code on some units, which would be required if the unit battery went flat I think.  Getting help from Garmin is as easy as flying to the moon. If you don't know, or forget the code, you must return to the address where the unit was first registered (within 164 yards they say) Which is absolutely useless if you bought the car or the unit second hand. Garmin don't recognise the serial numbers either.  I'm about to throw my wife's Citigo Garmin in the bin!