ABS issue...

Hi all,

So, my 07 Fabia failed the MOT. Ball joint, sidelight bulb etc, nothing huge, but lots of little niggly bits that I really should have looked at previously, mostly advisory!

One of the fails was a broken rear spring, and an advisory was that the other one was corroded. I ordered a pair and set off to change them both. No problems, half an hour and they were both done and I could go back to worrying why my drivers rear door wouldn't open and close.

Off I set for home at the end of the day, and the ABS light is on the dashboard! I suspect I've disturbed something when I dropped the rear beam down. Having read through quite a few posts on here, I notice that the wiring can break, and sometimes needs a new piece splicing in. I don't think it's the sensors themselves, as it worked fine up until I had a mess...

Has anyone successfully replaced the wiring over the beam, and do you have any photos of where you grafted the wiring inside the car?

Not worth the bother by the time you faf about trying to find the broken part and perhaps replace it another bit will fail so you'll have to start again just by a replacement sensor from the bay job done

1 hour ago, Murdockman said:

Not worth the bother by the time you faf about trying to find the broken part and perhaps replace it another bit will fail so you'll have to start again just by a replacement sensor from the bay job done

Perhaps I have misunderstood, surely you are not suggesting to not repair a broken wire in the loom and instead replace the ABS sensor?

13 hours ago, Wino said:

The wiring comes into the cabin under neath the rear seat base I think, so that seems the obvious place to join replacement wires in.

I had another look - is that the bundle of wires running under the trim panel in the door opening?

13 hours ago, Murdockman said:

I think it's a wire break rather than the sensor failing - the timing is a bit too convenient for it to be that, but I can see that putting a new sensor on does rule that out.

My daughter had a Abs fault on RNS wheel. Turned out to be the wire from the wheel which goes down the nearside trim to somewhere around the Front nearside door opening. There is a replacement for this piece of wiring you can purchase. It is Skoda Part number 6Q0927904H, in 2019 it was £45 including Vat from main dealer. I didn't replace it myself though. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Albie10 said:

My daughter had a Abs fault on RNS wheel. Turned out to be the wire from the wheel which goes down the nearside trim to somewhere around the Front nearside door opening. There is a replacement for this piece of wiring you can purchase. It is Skoda Part number 6Q0927904H, in 2019 it was £45 including Vat from main dealer. I didn't replace it myself though. 

Allied, that is amazing, thank you! I've now had my multimeter back off my mate so in the morning I'm going to start running some extra wires around the place and see what happens. Having pulled the rubber boot up around the plug on the sensor, the brown wire shows some stress damage to the insulation, so I think I might have found my culprit...

2 minutes ago, NeilSDavies said:

Allied, that is amazing, thank you! I've now had my multimeter back off my mate so in the morning I'm going to start running some extra wires around the place and see what happens. Having pulled the rubber boot up around the plug on the sensor, the brown wire shows some stress damage to the insulation, so I think I might have found my culprit...

Careful when messing around with the sensor and wiring near the wheel hub as when I was investigating I accidentally damaged the brake bleed nipple..