Electrical Fault??

Esuav4

I was thinking something on those lines,as I was sat with my keys in my pocket,which is something I don't normally do.

Thank you for clearing that up @john999boy much appreciated.

I was told, Run your windows fully down then back up fully to "reset" the system,

or the computer won't know where the windows are.

32 minutes ago, gumdrop said:

I was told, Run your windows fully down then back up fully to "reset" the system,

or the computer won't know where the windows are.

I think that's only if there's a fault / power loss with the windows open, or if the auto-close / open stops working. The actual procedure to reset the windows in this case was quite fiddly IIRC, and involved holding the switch for 10 or 15 seconds at both extremities. 

Summary
Ignition on (don't start the engine),
Lower the offending window by pushing the switch down (the switch on the driver's door) and keep holding it down until the window's fully open.
Then pull the switch up, and keep holding it up as the window rises and at the same time apply gentle pressure outwards on the glass near the top.
Keep the switch up for a further 10 seconds after the window closes & a click should be heard.
The window should now be reset.

About once a month, I take all windows right down and back up again, right to the stop, on either the fob button or the centre console switch.  Just as a reminder to the Window Elves who wind the hidden handles. 

HTH

2 hours ago, Brijo said:

Then pull the switch up, and keep holding it up as the window rises and at the same time apply gentle pressure outwards on the glass near the top.

I've done the window reset a few times now and I've never had to do the "slight outward pressure" thing for it to work just fine.  YMMV as they say...

"They" being people who speak in code & don't want others to understand them? 😆

Your money ........ something?

You make.......... something?

Yet maybe............ something?