1st service due ?

Bryfly

Purchased my Karoq 1st March 2021, so first service is due soon, in my Skoda app it says oil change due in 49 days and service inspection due in 426, I purchased the 2 service package with the vehicle, does that mean they will only change the oil in 49 days and that is all?

?

How many miles has the car done?

?

Did the service package you bought say that the car had to be on 'a fixed service interval' ?

It means the car is due an Oil & Inspection Service and there are no Oil Services & separate 'Inspection services'  just a crazy system that Skoda/ VW have that shows that an Skoda Dealaership staff have on cars at the PDI and do not correct.

?

Did you ask to have your car put on Fixed Service Intervals of 9,400 miles / 372 days rather than left on Variable Services of 24 months /18,000-20,000 miles as it left the factory set at and arrived at the Dealership on?

This will be what should be done 1st year and 2nd if a Fixed Service Regime.   (Same if a 1st Service on Variable @ 2 years, plus pollen filter.)

Fixed Servicing Year 2 a pollen filter replacement should be done as an extra. 

Screenshot 2022-01-07 12.52.17.png

1168293554_37335614_Screenshot2021-09-14at07_38_18(3).webp.ee5b8a609f78b3b2f42441d7532010fa.webp

Edited by roottoot

12 minutes ago, roottoot said:

?

How many miles has the car done?

1500 miles

Did the service package you bough say that the car had to be on 'a fixed service interval' ?

Havant a clue, just purchased the 2 service special offer from Skoda, will see if I can find anything.

It means the car is due an Oil & Inspection Service and there are no Oil Services & separate 'Inspection services'  just a crazy system that Skoda/ VW have that shows that an Skoda Dealaership staff have on cars at the PDI and do not correct.

?

Did you ask to have your car put on Fixed Service Intervals of 9,400 miles / 372 days rather than left on Variable Services of 24 months /18,000-20,000 miles as it left the factory set at and arrived at the Dealership on?

Didn't ask for it to be one or the other, as was not aware there was any difference, so not really sure which it should be?

This will be what should be done 1st year and 2nd if a Fixed Service Regime.   (Same if a 1st Service on Variable @ 2 years, plus pollen filter.)

Fixed Servicing Year 2 a pollen filter replacement should be done as an extra. 

Screenshot 2022-01-07 12.52.17.png

1168293554_37335614_Screenshot2021-09-14at07_38_18(3).webp.ee5b8a609f78b3b2f42441d7532010fa.webp

Thanks for the info, it's my first Skoda, I'm used to Kia or Ford, didn't have any of this with them....

• Thanks 1

The Fitter / Tech put your can on Fixed Service intervals at the PDI.

So really a waste of a Service from your plan unless you are a driver that thinks it is good to have vehicle inspected annually and the oil and filter changed annually even with low mile cars.  (Especially with low mileage cars.) 

• Like 1

Its a (ridiculous) condition of the 2 services plan (bought when new) that the car is set to fixed (9400mile/1year) interval. You don't even get 372 days on the new  cars now, its set at 365 days.

2 services are 2 oil/filter changes and one pollen filter and an "inspection"

Edited by xman
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, roottoot said:

The Fitter / Tech put your can on Fixed Service intervals at the PDI.

So really a waste of a Service from your plan unless you are a driver that thinks it is good to have vehicle inspected annually and the oil and filter changed annually even with low mile cars.  (Especially with low mileage cars.) 

Just been through paperwork from dealer it says ......

1x oil service/change and 1x oil and inspection service.

By what you are saying it sounds like I should be changing it to variable service, not sure if I'm allowed to do that and if so how?

Whoops it looks like xman has answered that ?

Edited by Bryfly

For information, the All in service plan which costs £768 or £32/month over 2 years, gives you 2 services, one of which is an extended scope and includes plugs/diesel fuel filter, 2 MOTs, 2 yrs warranty and breakdown. Services can be put on the variable schedule so up to 4 years worth of servicing.

But only available on cars 3-6 years old that pass an eligibility check (involves a free inspection at a dealer).

New car buyers are being ripped off.

• Like 1

To keep things simple forget all about exact mileages and days and whatever else folk mention, it's really quite simple and no different from most manufacturers recommended servicing.

If you've only done 1500 miles in a year then you're on the correct service intervals. The first service is nothing more than an oil change anyway, the 2nd service is an oil + pollen filter change. An inspection service only means they tick a few more boxes on things to check.

If anyone thinks its a rip off then don't buy it. Rather than pay £159 ( it's now £199 ) for those two services over two years, pay for them yourself...  and see how much it costs you.

Or if you prefer variable servicing, then just pay for one variable service yourself and see how much that costs you.

Unless you undertake servicing yourself ( thus invalidating the warranty ) I'm not sure any business will charge £159 for two services. And if you can find anyone willing to do a variable service for under £159, good on them.

I believe Skoda have recently increased the cost to £199 on new cars. SEAT charge £199 for two services with a new car, VW charge £269 - for the exact same service.   I think Audi have dropped the offer altogether now, but you can buy a 2yr plan on a new car for £529 😲   That's the exact same service plan on the exact same engine using the same parts. The complimentary coffee may be out of nicer cup.

No matter how you look at it, when you purchased your car last year, the service offer you bought was an absolute bargain. 

• Like 2

Service sheets are generated on the day of servicing by a distant computer in the Skoda service recording system. Maybe even even direct from the factory, it will generate TPI's and other custom information depending on a car's individual VIN, build and service record.

Erwin can give you what you want, but there is a small cost involved

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bryfly said:

Purchased my Karoq 1st March 2021, so first service is due soon, in my Skoda app it says oil change due in 49 days and service inspection due in 426, I purchased the 2 service package with the vehicle, does that mean they will only change the oil in 49 days and that is all?

To answer the OP's question, Yes, only an oil, oil filter and sump plug change.

Some, if not most dealers carry out a free vehicle health check and send you a one minute video, basically a visual check of tyres, brakes, exhaust and suspension.

Edited by xman
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

As far as I can make out, Skoda know the price of a variable service, for which I paid £220 a few days ago.

But they don't know what it involves.  Can't be much for just 1 hour work (less 40 for oil 10 for filter)

However, the folk at centralaudivw show details on their website.  Which is nice.

3 hours ago, Trogglet said:

As far as I can make out, Skoda know the price of a variable service, for which I paid £220 a few days ago.

But they don't know what it involves.  Can't be much for just 1 hour work (less 40 for oil 10 for filter)

However, the folk at centralaudivw show details on their website.  Which is nice.

I've been having variable services on all the VW group cars I've owned ( bar the current ones ) since 2007 and nobody has ever suggested they don't know what's involved. Where are you getting that info from?

1st Variable service is same as 2nd fixed service. 2nd variable service is same as 4th fixed service. etc. It's not exactly rocket science.

On 07/01/2022 at 21:01, xman said:

To answer the OP's question, Yes, only an oil, oil filter and sump plug change.

Some, if not most dealers carry out a free vehicle health check and send you a one minute video, basically a visual check of tyres, brakes, exhaust and suspension.

What about paint and bodywork inspection, I'm used to having a service book where paint and bodywork got stamped every year at its service, I have the paperwork after my Karoqs service that shows the line drawing of the vehicle, only the tyre depth boxes are filled in, all other items relating to bodywork / paint are not filled in, does that mean it is not checked by Skoda at first service?

• 1 month later...

I've got a 70 plate Sportline which will be 2 years old in September. 

Message has appeared saying oil service is due in 30 days but on the service info it says inspection service in 125 days.

Is it OK to wait for the inspection service?

I've topped the oil up once.

I've got 2 services for £159 each as part of the offer when I bought it.

Thanks for any advice. 

@Previouslyrobygerrardhow many miles has the car done already   that matters for the Oil and filter service, and an inspection services is done then. It is one visit and one workshop action.   Best you speak with the Dealership you are going to use. 

Best if that was the one that maybe had a staff member set the Service Indicator wrongly.

The Oil Change is due by the miles / date of the setting of the Service Indicator at the PDI.

So on Variable servicing that might be between 18,000-20,000 miles / 24 months. 

The Oil Service Indicator might well not have been correctly set / Reset from arriving at the dealers in Transit Mode.

There really are not just OIl Services and then Inspection Services. 

It is an OIl & Inspection Service at the same time. 

Are they really doing a first service now @ 2 years and another in another 2 years, or are you having one at 3 years before the Warranty Expires, the MOT is due and when stuff is due on a 3 year old car.     PS. @ 3 years there is the Extended Scope service actions which should be included in what you paid in the deal you got. 

Edited by roottoot