Abitofbully

Hi all, new owner here. I bought a 55 plate Fabia estate 1.4  back in October and was hooked l. So much so that yesterday I bought an Octavia 1.9 L&k estate !!!

Both great cars but with very similar problems, the Fabias front windows don't work and the central locking doesn't lock/unlock the drivers door and on the Octavia the rear tailgate doesn't open!!! Apart from that  I love 'em !!!

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to Briskoda! Good call on both models. I reckon if you fire a post in the respective sections for each model then you'll be able to get a hand with fault diagnosis and the likes. Enjoy the site! :hi:

Blue/yellow and violet/yellow wires in positions 4, 3 of the white 6-way connector at the A-pillar drive the motor in the door lock.

Don't forget to check fuse 11 for the windows, as well as the main power feeds.

Thanks guys, I've checked the fuses and all looks OK, I'll check the wiring.  It looks like a previous owner has had a meddle as there's a hole in the bottom of the drivers door pocket and there's 4 wires sticking out, a blue, a brown and 2 blacks, that look like they've been cut off from something ?, very strange 🤔