Octavia iV reversing camera retrofit service!

14 minutes ago, East_Yorkshire_Retrofits said:

Yes it's possible, we've successfully fitted 360° cameras to a Cupra Formentor 

Front + rear uses pretty much the same parts but without the cameras in the mirrors 

Cool, can you send me the pricing for the camera? So how does it work? Is night vision good on camera when displaying on the MIB3?

On 01/07/2022 at 12:53, Avi1407 said:

Cool, can you send me the pricing for the camera? So how does it work? Is night vision good on camera when displaying on the MIB3?

Just a quick question are you still in Mauritius? If so it's a bit of a drive to the UK!🙂

44 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Just a quick question are you still in Mauritius? If so it's a bit of a drive to the UK!🙂

Haha yes indeed, but i do have family in uk and ireland if in case shipping cannot be done to my country, other arrangements can be made for sure😁

• Love it! 1

On 31/01/2022 at 22:55, East_Yorkshire_Retrofits said:

We are now offering a genuine reversing camera retrofit for the Skoda Octavia iV 

You can find more information here 

https://eastyorkshireretrofits.co.uk/collections/skoda-octavia-iv-2021/products/octavia-iv-reversing-camera

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions!

Assume this service is bring car to you and no option for you to come out and fit?

On 01/02/2022 at 02:55, East_Yorkshire_Retrofits said:

We are now offering a genuine reversing camera retrofit for the Skoda Octavia iV 

You can find more information here 

https://eastyorkshireretrofits.co.uk/collections/skoda-octavia-iv-2021/products/octavia-iv-reversing-camera

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions!

I am taking delivery on my Octavia next week, i would very much like to add the 360°camera option as soon as possible, can you help out? If the price is affordable i can purchase the kit from you and have it shipped to my country with instsllation instructions then install it myself, thanks!

• Sponsor
45 minutes ago, Jamster330 said:

Assume this service is bring car to you and no option for you to come out and fit?

We don't travel for work, sorry 

14 minutes ago, Avi1407 said:

I am taking delivery on my Octavia next week, i would very much like to add the 360°camera option as soon as possible, can you help out? If the price is affordable i can purchase the kit from you and have it shipped to my country with instsllation instructions then install it myself, thanks!

We can offer this service, however it isn't something we can currently offer for DIY 

23 minutes ago, East_Yorkshire_Retrofits said:

We can offer this service, however it isn't something we can currently offer for DIY 

I am in a different country, so the only way is for me to purchase the kit and install it myself or get it installed by a technician🤷🏻‍♂️, if you sell the kit kindly quote me or otherwise if you can guide me somewhere for me to purchase it that would be aweseome!

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Michal12 said:

Hi Guys, anyone can advise me on correct coding for rear camera for my Octavia IV 2020? Camera is already fitted, but we can not work out correct codes to make it works, please anyone? I live in Slovakia. 

Which kit did you buy? Do you have the link as i need to get one for my skoda octavia iv 2022..Is it not supposed to be a CANBUS connection which is then plug and play?

• Sponsor
6 hours ago, Avi1407 said:

Which kit did you buy? Do you have the link as i need to get one for my skoda octavia iv 2022..Is it not supposed to be a CANBUS connection which is then plug and play?

Canbus & ethernet. Far from plug and play 

It's important that the camera contains the correct dataset for the car - these cameras are extremely sensitive about this 

It's also important that the camera, infotainment unit & Canbus gateway are all coded correctly & that the ethernet connection is in the correct port on the gateway. The gateway & infotainment unit have SFD

Edited by East_Yorkshire_Retrofits

On 20/07/2022 at 16:22, East_Yorkshire_Retrofits said:

Canbus & ethernet. Far from plug and play 

It's important that the camera contains the correct dataset for the car - these cameras are extremely sensitive about this 

It's also important that the camera, infotainment unit & Canbus gateway are all coded correctly & that the ethernet connection is in the correct port on the gateway. The gateway & infotainment unit have SFD

So what is the way forward for this guy to get his kit working on the car? Also, i am taking delivery of my Octavia next week, any online camera kit recommendations you can give so that i can have it shipped to my country and install on my car?

• Sponsor
On 20/07/2022 at 13:40, Michal12 said:

@East_Yorskhire_Retrofits can you help out? Can I call you to ask more questions please? 

What diagnostic equipment do you have? Where have you connected your wiring? What coding have you done? 

Edited by East_Yorkshire_Retrofits

• Sponsor
42 minutes ago, Avi1407 said:

So what is the way forward for this guy to get his kit working on the car? Also, i am taking delivery of my Octavia next week, any online camera kit recommendations you can give so that i can have it shipped to my country and install on my car?

Use a genuine camera 

this is how camera was fitted. Also regarding diagnostic system I have this:  

I need help with online access, because apparently Skoda cars made after 2020 need to have online access. So in order to make my rear camera working in need someone who has licence with VW concern to do so. Can someone help with this please, I heard this can be done on distance as well. 

image.thumb.jpeg.498931d05b8e71e867f3dd99f1b91e98.jpeg

image.jpeg.e231296c4b29dd495cae2d281e6e0fb3.jpeg

image.thumb.png.00287b2209c2f1a487478c9c54522bcd.png

• Sponsor
10 hours ago, Michal12 said:

this is how camera was fitted. Also regarding diagnostic system I have this:  

I need help with online access, because apparently Skoda cars made after 2020 need to have online access. So in order to make my rear camera working in need someone who has licence with VW concern to do so. Can someone help with this please, I heard this can be done on distance as well. 

image.thumb.jpeg.498931d05b8e71e867f3dd99f1b91e98.jpeg

image.jpeg.e231296c4b29dd495cae2d281e6e0fb3.jpeg

image.thumb.png.00287b2209c2f1a487478c9c54522bcd.png

We can't help you with VCDS alone sorry. You need access to a VAS6154/6154A 

The wiring you've put a screenshot of doesn't mention the camera at all. Where have you wired the camera to? 

• 1 month later...

I need some help with a bit of info related to the subject of this topic.
I ordered my mk4 in August '21 and it's now somewhere along the way between the factory and Romanian customs. Sometime last year I was asked if I would be willing to remove the reverse cam from the original car order - with the potential (not certainty) of making the delivery faster. I agreed to that modification, since it kind of made sense: the MY22 mk4 no longer had the reverse camera on the option list for the Style trim that I ordered. On the Romanian Skoda car config this option is still unavailable for trims below VRS.
However, I told my dealer at that time that I'll still want the reverse camera once the car arrives, and they said there will be no problem in installing it themselves - obviously for a certain price. Now with the car completed I asked them to order a reverse camera so they'll have it once the car arrives, and install it during the delivery preparation process, as we previously discussed. Today they contacted me to let me know that they checked my VIN in the VAG ETKA system and it seems that the reverse camera cannot be installed on my car.
Now after all the wait and after having this option on the original order, it's a bit difficult for me to believe that a Stye MK4 can't take a reverse camera into the system.

So long story short: is the dealer feeding me BS, or is it really impossible to retrofit the camera on my car? Is there a way to check that?

Edited by SkOmk4

• Sponsor
8 minutes ago, SkOmk4 said:

I need some help with a bit of info related to the subject of this topic.
I ordered my mk4 in August '21 and it's now somewhere along the way between the factory and Romanian customs. Sometime last year I was asked if I would be willing to remove the reverse cam from the original car order - with the potential (not certainty) of making the delivery faster. I agreed to that modification, since it kind of made sense: the MY22 mk4 no longer had the reverse camera on the option list for the Style trim that I ordered. On the Romanian Skoda car config this option is still unavailable for trims below VRS.
However, I told my dealer at that time that I'll still want the reverse camera once the car arrives, and they said there will be no problem in installing it themselves - obviously for a certain price. Now with the car completed I asked them to order a reverse camera so they'll have it once the car arrives, and install it during the delivery preparation process, as we previously discussed. Today they contacted me to let me know that they checked my VIN in the VAG ETKA system and it seems that the reverse camera cannot be installed on my car.
Now after all the wait and after having this option on the original order, it's a bit difficult for me to believe that a Stye MK4 can't take a reverse camera into the system.

So long story short: is the dealer feeding me BS, or is it really impossible to retrofit the camera on my car? Is there a way to check that?

Yes it's possible to install it 

However if their parts system says there isn't a kit available for it then it's no can do as it's impossible for them to parameterise the camera without an activation document (unless they get technical support involved and they'd likely say no because it's not an "approved" modification - ie not a Skoda kit). They'll also struggle to code it as the majority of dealers, including master techs aren't capable of doing much with ODIS outside of guided functions 

12 hours ago, East_Yorkshire_Retrofits said:

there isn't a kit available for it then it's no can do as it's impossible for them to parameterise the camera without an activation document

Thanks for the answer, I was afraid of that also...
On one hand, I was suspecting that the dealer might have a "minimum effort" approach; if it's more than install - code - sync with factory servers then they wouldn't go for it, to avoid complications.

On the other hand I searched a bit online; I was able to find aftermarket (~100E) or genuine camera (400E), but installing it outside Skoda partners would mean that after each major software update the camera coding would be "erased". So it would need re-coding after each major update...
That's my understanding on the current situation. Is it correct or am I completely wrong?

• Sponsor
3 hours ago, SkOmk4 said:

Thanks for the answer, I was afraid of that also...
On one hand, I was suspecting that the dealer might have a "minimum effort" approach; if it's more than install - code - sync with factory servers then they wouldn't go for it, to avoid complications.

On the other hand I searched a bit online; I was able to find aftermarket (~100E) or genuine camera (400E), but installing it outside Skoda partners would mean that after each major software update the camera coding would be "erased". So it would need re-coding after each major update...
That's my understanding on the current situation. Is it correct or am I completely wrong?

Personally I wouldn't be using aftermarket cameras with a brand new car (or any car) 

The aftermarket ones for MIB3 interrupt the video supply to the display, as the genuine cameras send video via ethernet 

5 hours ago, East_Yorkshire_Retrofits said:

The aftermarket ones for MIB3 interrupt the video supply to the display, as the genuine cameras send video via ethernet 

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it! I had no idea about that...

However, the other issue remains - I'll need to find a Skoda partner willing to do the extra-work and properly register my car's configuration @Skoda servers after coding, is that wright?

• Sponsor
19 hours ago, SkOmk4 said:

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it! I had no idea about that...

However, the other issue remains - I'll need to find a Skoda partner willing to do the extra-work and properly register my car's configuration @Skoda servers after coding, is that wright?

You don't have to use an SVM adapation document

It just means if the Canbus gateway or the infotainment unit is returned to the factory configuration by a dealer for any reason then you'll need to redo the coding in that module. Not the end of the world 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1