2nd hand prices

DazmorgUK

Wow! According to these crazy prices I could walked into a Skoda dealer and make an instant profit on my brand new moon white Monte Carlo 1.5tsi DSG. I’m almost too scared to put my reg number into WBAC.

A2A17791-69A4-4EC6-A182-220857A0CF6B.jpeg

Quite possibly you could if they are going to be giving you an offer to buy straight your car for 'cash money;  with no car being bought from them for a few thousand less than their Asking price will be.

What did your car cost when you bought it?     

Those that you posted examples of will be sold with the new owner being told these Demonstrators were driven by their Sales Manager etc.

They are just demonstrators and they will be making a tidy profit on them thanks to the UK Tax Payer / HMRC.

Edited by roottoot

4 hours ago, DazmorgUK said:

“What did your car cost when you bought it?”

Far less than that, and THEN take off the 2k dealer contribution for buying new, and a healthy Carwow discount!

if you where a gambling man, you should have bought a dozen or so cars instead of just one, say  2 kamiq's  2 octavia's  2 superb's  2 rapid's etc 

you'd  need to deduct around £2k per car from what dealers are selling them for, but there  should still be some profit to be made.

dealers are taking the pi$$ with there  prices at the moment,  they are getting away with it because  punters are  paying it

• Like 1

These Dealerships are sitting with stock lots of which is not selling that are purchased with money borrowed / financed.  

They have them on the never never.

BCA are part of the Finance Establishment and lend the money to Traders / Dealers to buy stock.

Car Manufacturers borrow to manufacture and then lend to the customers to buy cars.     

At some point their will be an investigation in the UK to the manipulation of Used Car Prices & how well Dealerships can do but how little PROFIT gets taxed as they are paying out inflated prices to themselves prepping vehicles.  

The price of used cars has been blamed for the higher inflation rate.

Banks / Finance Establishments own cars being sold and the value put on these cars are high and people are borrowing more.

That could look like 'manipulating the borrowing.'

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

Just sold my 10 day old Kamiq  back to another dealer as not gelling with it seat position for a start ...anyway you will not make a profit or even get your money back as the market is awash with used Kamiq's  I was offered £3 K less from the supplying dealership I bought it from .,when I bought it told a 28 weeks wait but they had one unsold so I bought it and now say have more new stock arriving so mine is only worth X  ... my loss is palatable if we where in normal time you would have lost the £4k vat right away plus any extras  taxes etc .crazy at moment used cars are selling at almost the cost as new ones .    

3 hours ago, fergiet said:

Did you check " webuyanycar" before going to dealer?

Yes ..not   near the price... tried most of the we buy sites ..re the original poster you will struggle to get your money  back ,spoke with a Main Skoda dealer and he said in order too sell a used car the interest offer is 9.5% but buying a new car on PCP they can offer 5.4%and you get £2k off a new  Kamiq  at present , most people don't have £22600 to lay out on a car but can afford a deposit and £300 a month., and they can now  get new stock in 16weeks  .Its a nice car but sadly the seating position is poor and the rear view mirror is at a height that is a blind spot on a left turn  for me , have had 4 Skoda's  and this one is not for me ,the Yeti was the best by a mile