Superb III 190 sportline all season 3PM+S tyres needed any recommendations?

BPL

235/40 R19 (not sure of legal rating)

Michelin cross climate £220 each - what?????

Any other recommendations? A softer ride, rim protection and 3PM+S needed. It seems higher profile tyres on smaller wheels are way cheaper. 

Edited by BPL

I've got Vredestein Quatrac Pro 235/45/18.

Have been happy with them so far in wet and wintry conditions (just fitted in Jan).

Currently £155 on black circles, which seems a bit steep but not much choice in all season tyres in stock. Symmetrical as well if you rotate tyres / use a full size spare. 

Car is 2018 SEL 20TDI 190 4x4 if that helps. 

Edited by Vidmor
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BPL said:

Are they 3PM+S?

There's no such thing as 3PM+S

It's either 3PMSF or M+S.

3PMSF means 3 Peak Mountain Snow Flake

M+S means Mud and Snow

Ignore M+S because that doesn't have a proper test, and is old and outdated.

It's the 3PMSF symbol that means the tyre is winter approved, and has passed a test for traction in the snow.

3PMSF Symbol shown on the sidewall

220px-Winter_tires_with_North_American_symbol.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_tire

Edited by Carlston

All BF Goodrich, Bridgestone, Continental, Dunlop, Goodyear, Hankook, Kleber, Michelin, Nokian, Vredestein, etc. all-season tyres have the 3PMSF symbol.

If they didn't have the 3PMSF symbol they wouldn't have enough traction in the snow, and wouldn't therefore be all-season tyres.

However, in some countries such as the US they call summer tyres that aren't UHP, all-season tyres. Therefore, I am talking about European all-season tyres.

& those with 3PMSF might well also have the M&S marking. 

There are 3PMSF that are total rubbish in Mud, these might well be the All Season / All Weathers, and there are some that do rather well in mud.

There were M&S marked tyres that were really rather good in Mud and Snow and over the years i have had these and used them in Mud and Snow.

Screenshot 2022-02-05 20.52.30.png

Edited by roottoot

3 minutes ago, roottoot said:

Which tyres do you fit?

I am using Vredestein Quatracs, although I might try Dunlop all-season tyres next time as I like non-directional tyres and the latest Quatracs have gone over to a directional tread pattern.

• Thanks 1