Error brakes workshop

Could be several things in the ABS/ESP system, you won't know until you get a fault scan done. Possibilities: ABS wheel speed sensor, yaw sensor, steering angle sensor, ABS controller malfunction, all stuff you won't notice in normal driving but it's the stuff that'll save your skin in an emergency. Get the car scanned and go from there.

• Like 1

Thanks Chris, and yes i absolutely agree with you and I'd like to get it sorted.

Before i take it to a garage, im wondering if anyone can recommend a scanner that i can use at home that will work with my laptop or iphone?

sorry meant to say thanks Chimaera

Update for anyone thats interested. Ive purchased the OBDeleven and its showing multiple faults for ABS sensors, when i monitor the wheel speeds the rear left is completely different to the other 3 so im guessing that is the candidate.

will replace and update - needs doing ASAP, causing real issues with the DSG

• Groan 1

19 minutes ago, DaveB12 said:

when i monitor the wheel speeds the rear left is completely different to the other 3 so im guessing that is the candidate.

Yes, if the LHR wheel is at one speed and the other 3 are all at the same different speed.

• 1 year later...

Hello!

Yesterday I had the same error and I couldn't start the car. I called my husband and we both googled and watched Youtube to understand what we can do and if it was possible to delete error notification for me to get home. We couldn't fix it and I took a bus to get home. I gave keys to my husband and he was ready to drive to my Skoda with his friend and pull the car back with a rope. Then he looked at the immobilizer and said that there needs to be red light. He opened it and there were broken some little part and he changed immobilizer. Of course we thought that it would be strange if everything would work because there is no point to show brake and ABS error if the real problem would be immovilizer. But actually it really was, which solved the problem and it let to start the car, he drove 60km home and everything was fine.

As I couldn't find helpful information around google, and this was newest topic/discussion of this problem, I just wanted to let this info there what helped me to solve brake workshop error on Skoda Octavia, if this can help someone else, I would be happy! 👌🏻🚗

P.S. Sorry for my english, this is not my native language! 🙏🏻

20230308_135002.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, superbdreams said:

Should this be moved to octavia forum not superb 2 ?

I don't know how this forum works. If you are admin (or we need to ask one) to move, ok then! 👌🏻

5 hours ago, WonderLee said:

I don't know how this forum works. If you are admin (or we need to ask one) to move, ok then! 👌🏻

If you're happy to have it moved, self-report your original post using the ellipsis (...) top right, and a fault of "post in wrong forum".

On 11/02/2022 at 09:06, DaveB12 said:

Ive purchased the OBDeleven

Hopefully you got the issue sorted? Quite interested in the ODBeleven - which pack did you go for? Have you done anything other than read the codes with it? (Sorry for the slight thread hijack :) )

Cheers,

Steve