pics for arb fitting

just got my rear arb from jabba (good as i was told on wednesday there may be a 2 week wait)

went to the guide section and no pics.

as good as toms writeup is i just need to see him in the flesh. :P

i was sure i'd saved it but cant find it now so can someone with the pictures either post them up or pm me and i'll get you my email adress to send them to.

many thanks

Scott

I know Basil has one in his hot little hands thanks to Xavier delivering it to him in the Far East.

I think he will be taking some pics when he gets round to the install.

Not too tricky really, jack up and support the car evenly. No need to take the wheels off.

With the rear beam supported, undo the bottom shock mounting bolts.

Fit the clamps to the beam and stretch them to shape and remove them again, then hang the ARB on the shocker bolts and push it into place, wrap the clamps round and tighten.

is it better under load or wheels off the ground?

i've been thinking about reversing onto my ramps and doing it that way.

just wanted to confirm its the right way up as knowing me i'll c()ck it up

I too am in the GB for this, i'm getting it fitted by Jabba after my wedding.

Numpty question, good job they are fitting it.

It mentions on their web site that the kit also contains 2 poly bushes, is this for the rear ARB or uprated rear suspension bushes?

It mentions on their web site that the kit also contains 2 poly bushes' date=' is this for the rear ARB or uprated rear suspension bushes?[/quote']

the bushes go on the bar under the locating u-brackets:thumbup:

ok, going to fit the thing between rain showers this afternoon. just one question before i start.

when i undo the bolt holding the bottom of the damper, does it move, what is to stop the damper extending?

car is in the air ready to go so a quick reply would be useful.

Scott

when i undo the bolt holding the bottom of the damper, does it move, what is to stop the damper extending?

In a word - Nothing.

It will only drop down by around an inch and there isn't a great deal of force behind it.

the shocker will drop slightly into the axle beam as you pull the bolt out , if you've got a jack ,just take the weight of the car slightly , this will allow for easy removal and refitting of the bolts

DONE

awesome

so worth it

just fitted it (on my own) and went for a quick spin. in the words of tomvrs "the first corner you take in a spirited way will leave a smile on your face"

well not quite,took it round my track road near next to my house and pushed on a bit first corner i came to, slightly on the quick side, i was ready to asume the brace position (hands behind head leaning forward and kissing your *** goodbye) thinking a steel bar cant really do that much good, but it did!

Turned in thinking if i can miss the tree it wont be so bad and i just glided round the corner!!!!

backend seems alot lighter now but the grip it gives is amazing. and seems to smooth bumps better aswell.

if you havent got one yet do it now!

Scott (off to have a proper play)

well mines 40mm down from standard vrs height and no probs so far.

it is fairly close to the wheel so i think it would take a sharp edge like a kerb edge to catch it as speed bumps are rounded off.

Scott