SKoda Dealer Approved Used Car Warranty

likaleica

Advice please: Bought a Skoda Approved used 2017 Octavia SE TDI  from a Skoda main dealer with a one year warranty. Had the car 3 months and the Diesel Particulate Filter is regenerating very often so I've booked it in with the dealer to check. They are charging me £132 to diagnose the DPF and say this will only be waived if the DPF is found to be faulty. I was surprised at being charged. Is this correct under the Skoda warranty ? TIA

Best read your warranty T&C's. 

How many miles has the car done?

If the diesel car is not faulty but reggening lots then a warranty is not going to cover that.

Skoda Fixed Price Servicing and Maintenance @ participating dealers is only £60 for the first 30 minutes and they only need 30 minutes. 

36172_SKODA_Approved_Used_Warranty_Dec20_SINGLES.pdf

Screenshot 2022-02-09 18.11.00.png

Edited by roottoot

The charge is normal, the amount seems a little high as per Roottoot's post.

What sort of distance are you getting between regens? 

I am currently getting around 170-200 miles between regens, I put that down to the colder weather and more short trips than normal as nothing appears out of the ordinary on VCDS.

I also use the VAG DPF app, it gives some insight into what is happening and the health of the DPF on the move. The app is around £5 and a Bluetooth OBD can be purchased for around £10, which can then be used on other free apps to check data and fault codes.

533408186_Screenshot_20211231-125917_VAGDPF.thumb.jpg.28f83b9c5fe74671f6c9c71ee84c1dea.jpg