Boot area space differences hatchback to estate

Just now, sepulchrave said:

There were guys on here that used to mix two stroke oil with their fuel, others that added nail polish remover, honestly, you couldn't make it up!

Great, I nearly choked on my tea. :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TMB said:

H0236-1.jpg

That's me just noticing the boot liner in this. I'll have to check on Google to see if such a thing can be procured either for the estate or the hatch (MOT dependant) for when I've got the dog in the car. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

That's me just noticing the boot liner in this. I'll have to check on Google to see if such a thing can be procured either for the estate or the hatch (MOT dependant) for when I've got the dog in the car. :)

They seem to do them....

https://www.hatchbag.co.uk/skoda-fabia-hatchback-2000-to-2007

• Thanks 1

theres a website on which you can compare the boot sizes side by side of pretty much every car on the market.

its incredibly handy... and quite surprising sometimes...

https://www.automobiledimension.com/car-comparison.php

separately, Ryan, you could easily ha r unscrewed the top and base of that lamp and probably couldve left the seats up :D

Edited by mac11irl
linky added
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

separately, Ryan, you could easily ha r unscrewed the top and base of that lamp and probably couldve left the seats up :D

But where's the fun in that? 😛

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

I had 25 minutes to get to the tip (you have to book appointments) and the journey takes 20 minutes so I just dropped the seats and panicked. :D

Seems like a Combi would suit me quite nicely. My hatchback has moved, among other things:

-Those things in the picture, plus another 50 kg bag of onions in the rear seats.

-A complete elliptical trainer, unfolded.

-An industrial deep fryer. Three times.

-A table for four, plus seats.

-A stovetop oven, a queen mattress plus bed sheets, and luggage for two, all at the same time.

Only thing keeping me from getting a Combi is they have a bad rep thanks to funeral homes, power users of the things round here, sadly. Maybe a Mk2 would be nicer as it doesn't look as hearse-ish as the Mk1.

IMG_20210919_160702.jpg

Edited by juanse_2691
  • Like 2
  • Love it! 1

8 hours ago, juanse_2691 said:

Only thing keeping me from getting a Combi is they have a bad rep thanks to funeral homes

I quite like the idea of being carted off in the back of a Skoda when my time comes :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Any estate can be a funeral home victim. And now that car brands aren't bringing any more estates here because of them, they're switching to minivans and SUVs, so even a Yeti is a prime candidate for transportation to the "neighborhood of the lying ones". Any colour, any trim, slap a couple of stickers and that's now a hearse. Good God...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VRS_White_Hatch said:

They sell a similar generic version at home bargains, it's a bit too small for the Octavia but it still works well enough. Can't find it online sorry. 

Will have to check that. Cheers! :)

I've got a rubber boot mat doowhacky in mine. It's ideal for carrying potted plants etc. with the bungee cords holding them in place. Think the old double duvet originally for the back seats would maybe make a good liner though. :)