Dazed, confused and still not sure on what to buy

MrSquare

Hi all, 

It comes as a culture shock to need to be buying a car after many years my absolute budget is 15k, but I suffer from a fear of complex expensive issues as the car will be kept until it falls to peices. (no finance and a pot for repairs) 

Driving for work my next vehicle is social domestic and pleasure so weekends, evenings etc and no commuting- Dog and caravan 

Currently I'm looking at a 2.0-4.0 180-300hp

DSG boxes terrify me, so a 6 speed manual

Thinking the low mileage preferable petrol and an octavia vrs with 60,000 or less as I don't think I can afford a superb and everything locally too many miles, ragged etc

Thinking a 2011-2013 and must have tensioner, guides and chain done on timing. 

Expecting to pay 6-8k with a warranty if this is achievable? 

Or are there any other choices a yeti, etc I may have overlooked? 

Welcome.

No need to be worried about Wet Clutch DSG's which anything above 180 ps will have.  (180ps or less FWD have DQ200 7 speed twin dry clutch DSG's.

Avoid a 1.2 TSI older than 2013 then or a Euro 5 1.8 / 2.0 TSI if you are worried or get someone that knows what is what to help you with a cars history or service history. 

You have a good budget but are buying at a time where there are crazy asking prices. 

Hi exactly prices are crazy.

From what I can see £4000 more gets 20k less miles and 2-3years newer.

I've taken the plunge and bought a 2011 63k vrs with service history and last service December.

The dealer seemed honest and two car mad associates went through it with a fine tooth comb there is a small piece of boot trim by latch missing,

Boot latch switch sticky for boot lights

one fog light chipped 

Door panel trim clip supposedly

Any doubt will get timing chain and tensioner and guides done when checked.

Touch radio no Bluetooth I could find but an aux in dongle should cure it

6 month paid warranty £250 dealer said non negotiable as they don't do repairs themselves 

Checked it covers head gaskets, timing chain etc

I PAID £7400 as immaculate as I could find, colour I'm not crazy about and a hatchback.

I've looked for several months and came to the conclusion that unless in Scotland- I couldn't find a better option.

Leaving some in the pot for any unexpected repairs