Octavia 4X4 Estate rear springs

Octavia 4x4 1.8T.

I have started this new thread because previously I followed on from an earlier one on the same subject but puter doesn't seem to like threads more than 3 pages long.

Anyway - update.

Still no springs. Skoda UK phoning me twice a week to inform of "progress". There is none and mid-June (from end of April) is still the date of delivery. I understand there are many now waiting for these parts.

I am not used to such appalling service.

The service is to be honest poor at best. I'm not blaming your dealer, but if there are no parts in the UK it isn't exactly what you would call an unpopular car. I would definately poke somebody like awesomesarah and see if she can get you a good price on uprated springs or springs and dampers.

Would get you back on the road quicker

What lummox with sarah or the original poster ;)

Fair enough, but IIRC Koni FSD are meant to be used with full height springs and you can get springs for them. I am sure somebody could sort him out with a good set of OE springs as it seems crazy that they can't deliver the part on time.

I hear you can adjust the hardness of some of the aftermarket rods too :P:rofl:

Hi All

Poke me?

Ok I am poked and ready with an answer! ;)

I can get lowering springs.

These will work with the FSD shockers as long as they are NOT lower than 30mm

But just thinking about it , there has been that many people who have used lowering springs , is there anyone out there who has a set of OEM springs sat collecting dust in their garage?

Even if it is just for a lend maybe

Sarah

No

But I do know that they are made for the VW`s too.

But the main problem is the parts have all merged now at Dordon.

So if they are not available for Skoda , then there would be non for the VW`s

But you could see a dealer to do a trace for you.

Then they can check to see if there are any dealers in the country with one in stock.

That could be worth a try

Sarah

Do you have the part number for the springs or, failing that, can you have a look at your springs and note the number of paint marks on them and colour? My 2002 4X4 Estate has 5 orange marks on the springs = 1J9 511 115D. Looking at ETOS, I would expect a 2001-2003 4X4 Hatch to have 4 paint marks - 2 white and 2 blue = 1J9 511 115G.

115D is also fitted to the Golf 4-Motion Estate. I can't see mention of 115G for the corresponding Hatch/Saloon.

Spot on DGW. Five orange spots on my springs.
At least that increases the chances of getting them as they are more widely used than just for our 4X4 Estates. I wonder if any of the larger VW dealerships have them in stock?

• 2 weeks later...
IMHO that is too long to be waiting.
Absolutely. (I hate the widespread use of that word, but it the correct one to use here!) I would be seriously upset if I was in the same situation.

The springs have arrived! Whooooooppppppeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Can't just have one though - must have two. Still I will, I hope, be sorted and fitted by Monday evening.

May this never happen to anyone else. It seems Eastern Europe has us by the short and curlies - not just springs but the gas supply too. Heaven help us.