mk4 Octavia rs

ck6120

Hi Everyone, I'm about to purchase a moonwhite 2.0 diesel rs . I don't know whether I'm mad or not coming from a suv . is there many issues with the 2022 models ?

13 hours ago, ck6120 said:

really are they that bad . everyone car seems to have a fault 😕 

Remember forums tend to be visited by two groups - enthusiasts (with high expectations) and owners with problems.

Having said that - similar issues are being reported with the Golf 8 (same platform) and the VW ID EVs - so it seems VAG may have rushed vehicles into production without sufficient software testing.

Personally, I wouldn't touch an Octavia 4 for a couple of years (when I worked for an automotive consultancy a principal engineer at Ford Research in Dunton Essex advised that if you bought a new model in the first year of production you should expect to finish the development for them!). Caveat emptor...

• Like 2

On 27/03/2022 at 08:59, PetrolDave said:

You need to carefully read the Octavia 4 forum on here - there are issues with software bugs (some possibly safety affecting) and long delivery delays. Quoted 12 month delivery and a big price increase

23 hours ago, Theskipper said:
On 27/03/2022 at 08:59, PetrolDave said:

Quoted 12 month delivery and a big price increase

Looking at the Octavia 4 forum it seems delivery delays are very model, spec and country dependent - some who ordered in 2021 being quoted deliveries in 2023!

Not just due to chip shortages but also a fire in a factory suppling Octavia trim parts and some parts usually coming from Ukraine or Russia.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone; I come from France.

I ordered an Octavia vRS 2.0 TSI 245 in end of March 2021.

2 days ago, after a little bit more than one year waiting, dealer announce a production date in middle of june 2022 !

So I hope a delivery in end of july...

Think about it before ordering

• Like 1