The die is cast, hope I made the right decision...

exiled2000

Hi everyone, 

As a Brit abroad, I will pick up my new car this week. It's my 3rd Skoda. 

My first one was a 2012 Octavia TDi, 2.0 with 108bhp

Then a 2018 Citigo 5-door with 59 bhp. Both great cars.

I almost bought a new Fabia Mk.4, but here in Poland they are so expensive. I know it's bigger, quieter and more comfortable. But I can't afford one.

So I chose a Mk3 Fabia. The estate is still being made, so I ordered an estate with the 95bhp TSI engine, mated to a DSG 7-speed. Never had an auto before, so I like trying something new. As a run-out model, it has everything; heated seats, heated washers, automatic aircon, rear camera, Bluetooth, Android auto etc and the 2-spoke leather multi-function steering wheel. That's enough for me. No LED lights, but you can't have everything. Compared to the Citigo it should be a bit faster and a bit better on the motorway. 

Safe motoring:)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate,

Congrats on your purchase, I've had all sorts of autos (CVTs/dual clutches) and find them generally very good for the vast majority of driving, the DSG I have found to be excellent although only ever used in big petrol engines without turbos (mk5 Golf R32 and Skoda Superb 3.6) - but assume the newer ones are even better! I doubt you will ever go back to a manual unless its for a "fun car", they are that good.

Enjoy!

Demps