Waiting game for Octavia Combi vs Hatch ready to go

PMacD

Spawning from the "Delivery times" thread, I'm currently one of the many awaiting a new Octavia Combi (Ambition 1.0TSI 110hp DSG mHEV).

Originally supposed to have it by now but only recently had production date given and told best case could have the car in August but who knows. 

Facing in to a summer now with great plans for family road-tripping around our little island, new baby & toddler in tow (Along with all the ridiculous amount of accessories that come with them). 

So, a new/bigger car is a necessity rather than a luxury and throwing a roofbox on top of our current mk5 golf will only do so much. 

Long story short, dealer has offered one option of their demo Octavia Hatch (Style trim, same engine, colour and includes extras I had opted for in the combi) for overall cost slightly less than the new Combi. 

Boot space was the main reason that got me to this point and, while I still actually prefer the look of the Combi, I was very surprised to see the size of the Hatch bootspace which itself is 600L and not far off the Combi's 640L.

So I'm interested in any opinions or advice generally!?