Karoq on long journey with a six footer?

Manc_pablo

Hi Karoqers/karoqees/karoqsters! 

What's the Karoq like on long journeys for those over 6 foot? I test drove one the other day and noticed the seat is not as deep as my current no Skoda car! Any tall Karoqsters got any opinions? 

Paul

I'm over 6ft and regularly drive for over 4 hours and don't have a problem, I've got an SeL and that has  better seats than the lesser trims, certainly more support under the thigh's.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Manc_pablo said:

Cheers for that. I'm 6'4"and the other half is nearly 6 and are both long in the legs. Just need to convince her on the Karoq! 

I have 31" leg and there is plenty more avaliable movement, so no issue for the driver, but I wouldn't like to sit in the back. This is with the moveable Ecoflex rear seats at their rearmost setting. 

A mere 6ft here, no problems on long trips with the longest drive being 610 miles in one day. 👍

The seat swab is a bit shorter than I was used to in previous cars but not an issue as I tend to be on CC as much as possible. 

I'm 6ft with long legs (33 inch trousers) and find the Sportsline seats great for long or short journeys. We've just driven from Ipswich to Stafford (with a break at Cambridge) in perfect comfort. We don't often have rear seat passengers, but my daughter and son-in-law have coped for for shorter journeys.

Chris 

I'm 6' 4" with a 35" inside leg. The Karoq is ok for me - certainly no worse than the Octavia it replaced. A Superb would have more driver leg room, but you sit more upright in the Karoq. I find the seats very supportive.

Being somewhat shorter than 6’ my 31” legs used to suffer on a 5 hour drive down through France in our 2 last Octys. 

I like to drive with the seat back in a fairly upright position, I get back ache if the seat leans back too much.

I found that the leading edge of the standard (SEL) seats used to make my right thigh muscle tight after a while.

I also found that having my wallet in my back pocket didn’t help either, (and no - it is not stuffed with fivers!)

We spec’d the electric seat for the Karoq, after some experimentation with the various settings I now have a seat that is a joy to sit in.

Not been to France yet, but a couple of 3hr drives in the UK have been fine.

I had electric seat option in last two Yetis, and is standard on my Karoq Edition spec. 
I find the seat squab angle is wrong on most standard seats and presses leading edge into my thighs. Electric seats allow squab angle to be altered and it transforms the seat comfort.

• Like 1

On 19/04/2022 at 08:01, vegit8 said:

Being somewhat shorter than 6’ my 31” legs used to suffer on a 5 hour drive down through France in our 2 last Octys. 

I like to drive with the seat back in a fairly upright position, I get back ache if the seat leans back too much.

I found that the leading edge of the standard (SEL) seats used to make my right thigh muscle tight after a while.

I also found that having my wallet in my back pocket didn’t help either, (and no - it is not stuffed with fivers!)

We spec’d the electric seat for the Karoq, after some experimentation with the various settings I now have a seat that is a joy to sit in.

Not been to France yet, but a couple of 3hr drives in the UK have been fine.

Sadly, I am of an age where I no longer have a 5 hour bladder! I can safely say there would be a break in that journey!

Paul

On 21/04/2022 at 09:26, Manc_pablo said:

thanks all. 

TBF, I think most modern cars are probably going to be ok on the seat front. Might try another test drive.

Paul

Sorry but I'm going to disagree a lot of the lower spec cars from most manufacturers have poor seating, lots of cars have very short seat bases and very flat too no support for your thighs.

• Like 1

Everyone is different shape. I am 6ft but have short legs and long back. Seat squabs are too long and at the wrong angle for me if not electric (still too long though, don’t know how very short people fit!)

Seat backs tend to change angle for shoulder and head area too low and fixed head rests as used in sports seats are too low.

Karoq is not as bad as some for seat back length and headrest can go high enough as not fixed.

looking back I could never sit in a bucket sports seat even though most liked them. Too narrow, and back wrong shape, Holes for seat belts would be well below my shoulders if I used competition 5 point harness.

Edited by kenfowler3966
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

6ft 2", just back from a road trip around France, Belgium, Germany, Italy. No problems driving or in the passenger seat. I was worried it would be a bit cramped compared to our previous Ford S-Max, but it was absolutely fine. And being a relatively small car, it is so much easier driving in cities.

Small car??

Mine still feels big nearly 2 years into ownership after 10 years  in Yeti’s.

My 6ft 4” son fits fine on front or back and recently came with us on a 500 mile in total holiday week trip to Norfolk and back with no issues

Edited by kenfowler3966

It feels about the same size as my Kia Carens, front and back. 

Did sit in the C5 Aircross, which is significantly bigger and is up against the Kodiaq for size, but a lot cheaper than the Karoq and Kodiaq. 

Decisions, decisions!