No dynamic indicators appearance in the LED Headlights

Mihiii

Hello all, 

I ordered a new Kamiq with 1.5 TSI Engine packed with Style in December. In the previous week the dealer called me and he explained that I won't be able to have the dynamic indicators in the LED headlights because it is not available because of the conductors shortage. They will appear (4 LED indicators) in static mode. 

Could you please share any information you might have regarding this topic/problem/issue or whatever it is :D

Best,

Mihi

44441-voll-led-scheinwerfer-led-tfl-fuer-skoda-kamiq-nw4-3.jpg

There iss a general shortage of semi-conductors for many industries, including the motor industry.  This is partly the result of the Covid pandemic.  As a result, car makers are having to spec cars according to what is available.  So in this case, there will be no moving pattern of LEDs on the indicators towards the outside edge of the car, just on and off.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I picked up my new 1.0 Kamiq Monte Carlo 23/7/22 and the rear indicators are dynamic scrolling but the fronts are static flashing. The dealer has formed me that they can recode the car to include front dynamic indicators. My question is why didn’t the factory do it, or is the main dealer wrong, thanks in advance.

Mmm they only have dynamic scrolling in the rear lights (scala and kamiq). Not have seen a video they have front dynamic lights. Also afaik not programmable via obd as there is no module for it. check video 32minutes  And the audi A3 for example has also only rear dynamic lights.

Edited by Omniking

My 2020 Kamiq SEL has dynamic front and rear indicators but I had heard that the front indicators on later models no longer had this because of semi-conductor supply problems.  Maybe the supply problem does not affect the rear indicators.

On 28/07/2022 at 22:43, Omniking said:

i dont know i rarely see dynamic front lights honestly :D i mostly see the rears of the cars while driving 😛

So you never pass cars on the opposite side which are turning into junctions?  I do, all the time🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by carefree

• 1 month later...
On 26/07/2022 at 22:44, johnpompey0 said:

Hi, I picked up my new 1.0 Kamiq Monte Carlo 23/7/22 and the rear indicators are dynamic scrolling but the fronts are static flashing. The dealer has formed me that they can recode the car to include front dynamic indicators. My question is why didn’t the factory do it, or is the main dealer wrong, thanks in advance.

Nov 21 delivery....Snap!

My ocd would be off the scale.  Why have static front indicators but scrolling rears?  Just looks clumsy.   Yeah yeah I get the alleged semi conductor shortage due to the worldwide cold (covid) virus but really?  The world has literally gone mad😂😂

Edited by carefree

It has indeed if so much angst can be generated by the lack of a toy gimmick.

First world problems.................

Gimmick or not, it looks naff…. half finished.

First world problems indeed, but people pay a lot of money for cars that in recent times look like they’ve been designed by 8 year olds.

Me?  I don’t give a crap, my MC has scrolling front and rear indicators and they look class, but yeah those who have half and half are right to feel mugged off.  All this for a poxy cold🙄