Need help identifying my rims and giving me some advices about aftermarket rims.

TL;DR: I need help identifying my rims' width and offset (see photo under) knowing my tire size (205/45 R16 87W). I don't have any equipement at home to remove my tires and check for everything, and I prefer asking here before going to a tire/auto shop in case anyone knows.
Other questions: do you recommend any aftermarket rims? Do you recommend any website to look at/buy a new set of rims?

Hi,

Recently I've been looking for a new set of aftermarket rims to get better looking ones for my Skoda Fabia Mk2. The thing is: I don't know a lot in mechanics.
I've made a post on Reddit to ask about rims and everything to know about them (which you can check here if you want a better understanding about my "needs", and if you want to add a bit of your knowledge to the answers I got).
It's a lot to understand and acquire but I'm getting there...

However, in order to change my rims I need to get the width and the offset of them correctly, and I don't know anything about them...
I would need help identifying them, knowing my tire size (205/45 R16 87W).

Photo of my rims:
gci8uh2z0hw81.jpg

I've been looking for new rims on this website. I don't know if it's a good website but it was just to look at some wheel brands to get a good idea.
Do you recommend any website to look at aftermarket rims? Do you recommend any aftermarket rims?

Thank you for reading my post, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions if you do.
Have a good rest of your day! 😃

12 minutes ago, Aeeluo said:

I need help identifying my rims' width and offset

If those are a standard VAG wheel, the relevant information will be literally cast into the wheels. The format will be something like 16x6.5 ET42 59.5 5x112. Breaking that down 16x6.5 is the wheel diameter and width in inches, ET42 is the wheel offset in millimetres, 59.5 is the centre mount diameter in mm, and 5x112 is the number of wheel bolts and the Pitch Circle Diameter in mm.

They look like the 16" Comet alloy, which this page would suggest is a 6.5J ET43 wheel

https://eshop.skoda-auto.cz/en_CZ/alloy-wheel-comet-16-for-fabia-ii-roomster/p/5J0071496H+FL8

As @KenONeill says - the information will be cast on the back of the spokes - that'll give you absolutely correct information. If you can't get the wheels off yourself, just hold your phone behind the wheel to take photos - might take a few attempts but you should be able to get a picture of the relevant bit of info.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

If those are a standard VAG wheel, the relevant information will be literally cast into the wheels. The format will be something like 16x6.5 ET42 59.5 5x112. Breaking that down 16x6.5 is the wheel diameter and width in inches, ET42 is the wheel offset in millimetres, 59.5 is the centre mount diameter in mm, and 5x112 is the number of wheel bolts and the Pitch Circle Diameter in mm.

Didn't know it was written on the back of the wheel. I'll look into it!

46 minutes ago, Kenai said:

They look like the 16" Comet alloy, which this page would suggest is a 6.5J ET43 wheel

https://eshop.skoda-auto.cz/en_CZ/alloy-wheel-comet-16-for-fabia-ii-roomster/p/5J0071496H+FL8

As @KenONeill says - the information will be cast on the back of the spokes - that'll give you absolutely correct information. If you can't get the wheels off yourself, just hold your phone behind the wheel to take photos - might take a few attempts but you should be able to get a picture of the relevant bit of info.

They definitely look like the Comet alloy wheels. I'll Try and take a picture of the back of the wheel!

43 minutes ago, roottoot said:

& they are a PCD of 5 x 100 

The Comet alloys were fitted to Fabia Reaction in the UK. 

Monte Carlo's came with 17" Trinity in the UK. 

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/392755-euro-spec-smaller-alloys-for-monte-carlo

So that might be why I'm seeing so many Monte Carlo's with different rims than mine. I'm from France.

The specification of the COMET alloy rims is 6.5Jx16 ET43 5/100 57.1

They come in three different colours, as follows.

5J0601025L 7ZS chrome coloured metallic

5J0601025LA FL8 black metallic

5J0601025LB HA7 anthracite metallic (grey)

3 5J0 601 025 L aluminium rim 6,5JX16 ET43 4 COMET  
  5J0601025L 7ZS chrome coloured metallic     2003.10 - 2012.14  
(3) 5J0 601 025 LA aluminium rim 6,5JX16 ET43 4 COMET
CS0

5J0 601 025 LAFL8 black metallic     MONTE CARLO
2001.11 - 2012.14

(3) 5J0 601 025 LB aluminium rim 6,5JX16 ET43 4 COMET  
  5J0 601 025 LBHA7 anthracite metallic (grey)     PR-C6S
2001.12 - 2012.14

https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/fabia/fab/2013-697/6/601-601060/

6Jx15 ET38 5/100 57.1 alloy rim (from Fabia MK3)

Kolo z lehké slitiny MATO 15" pro RAPID, FABIA III

One option, is to change to 6Jx15 ET38 5/100 57.1 alloy rims from the Fabia MK3. 185/60R15 would be a suitable tyre size for this rim.

The standard 15" tyre and rim size for the Fabia MK2 is 195/55R15 fitted to a 6Jx15 ET43 rim. However, 185/60R15 is a cheaper tyre size and will ride a little better.

https://eshop.skoda-auto.cz/cs_CZ/hlinikove-disky/c/alloyWheels?q=%3ApriceAsc%3AcarType%3AFabia%2BIII%2B%282014%2B%29&text=#

Edited by Carlston
  • Thanks 1