Help - Cargo nets

MikeTV

So I’ve created something that wouldn’t look out of place in the dingiest parts of soho with these nets in the boot.

Does anyone have a photo or guide of what connects where?

I have tried looking on here and elsewhere and found nothing!

thanks

I've got the cargo nets but not used them yet.

I found this photo somewhere on the Internet, can't remember where.

Karoq nets.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, P-J said:

I've got the cargo nets but not used them yet.

I found this photo somewhere on the Internet, can't remember where.

Karoq nets.jpg

I use the one shown across the tailgate end of the boot on the righthand side. 

And the one behind the back seat doesn't take up much space, and is handy to tuck shopping bags etc behind. 

Chris

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's always interesting seeing what other countries get as standard equipment. Here in Australia the nets came standard up until the MY21. Now it's an option, we don't get three hooks as depicted in the photo. We only get two holding/folding hooks, you want the safety triangle- that's an extra cost.

My MY21 UK Sportline also only came with 2 hooks on the side rail, and the first aid kit and warning triangle aren't provided as standard in the UK (unlike the EU) as they are not legally required here.

Chris

• Like 1

This is something that threw me a little when I was buying my Karoq. If you watch various Karoq videos on YouTube they all seem to have different specs as to what's included or not.

My car is a 71 plate (MY22) Sport Line 1.5 TSI DSG. The things it came with included:

• Wireless mobile phone charging pad in the front next to the USB-C sockets
  • Umbrella in a drawer underneath the front passenger seat
  • Cargo nets in the boot
  • Luggage dividers / fasteners in the boot
  • 2 x shopping bag hooks in the boot

On 16/05/2022 at 17:48, P-J said:

This is something that threw me a little when I was buying my Karoq. If you watch various Karoq videos on YouTube they all seem to have different specs as to what's included or not.

My car is a 71 plate (MY22) Sport Line 1.5 TSI DSG. The things it came with included:

• Wireless mobile phone charging pad in the front next to the USB-C sockets
  • Umbrella in a drawer underneath the front passenger seat
  • Cargo nets in the boot
  • Luggage dividers / fasteners in the boot
  • 2 x shopping bag hooks in the boot

My MY21 Sportline (delivered November 2020) has the same fittings.

Chris

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The 6 month old Sportline I have just bought, which had a build date of May 23, PDI date on August 23 and a first reg date of Sept 23 had the same items; the cargo net pack contained 3 nets, two for the sides and one that seems to fit across the front of the boot behind the rear seat backs.

I have all three installed but I think the boot interior fittings have changed over the years and it was quite a struggle to work out how to fix the nets.

Side nets have hooks at each bottom corner that attached to metal rings at the sides under the boot floor (so far all good), the rearmost top corner has a stretchy cord that attaches to a plastic hook on the side trim panel, now its gets tricky, I couldn't find an attachment for the stretchy cord at the forward top corner. I ended up lifting the parcel shelf out and looping it over the round mount for the parcel shelf. On all the images I found showed a hook on the side trim panel like at the rear, but there was nothing like that in my Karoq. The longer cross net had clips on the bottoem corners that hooked onto the metal hoops below the boot floor - same as the side nets. The top corner cords I attached in the same way as the side nets to the parcel shelf mounting.

As I am writing this post it has dawned on me that the longer cross net might have been intended to be fitted across the back of the boot in which case the cords could have been hooked onto the plastic hooks in each side panel. Although in this position it obstructs access to the boot