Since Refuel / Long Term counters keep resetting

For a while now the counters keep resetting to zero almost every time I start the car, on at least one occasion they reset in the middle of a journey when I turned the engine off at a level crossing. Is there something I can do to fix this, or is it something to mention next time it gets serviced (not till November)

25 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Is it something as simple as you looking at the short term readings when you previously looked at the long term ones?

Even those shouldn't reset to zero just from a short duration ignition cycle like waiting at a crossing though?

1 hour ago, Kenai said:

Even those shouldn't reset to zero just from a short duration ignition cycle like waiting at a crossing though?

It was the 'engine off' quote that suggested it was more than waiting. 

33 minutes ago, john999boy said:

It was the 'engine off' quote that suggested it was more than waiting. 

Even so, the 'Since Start' numbers should persist for up to 2 hours or so between ignition off and a restart - i've had some long waits at level crossings in my time but none have lasted a couple of hours yet! 🤣

• Like 1

It will do after a certain(long) period, something like 100 operating hours IIRC.

I realise that it's very much a 1st world problem, but being a bit of a stats nerd I find it quite irritating - I always try to add the "Since Refuelling" mpg reading into my SpritMonitor entries, and every now and then I run a comparison between the actual MPG and car measured MPG (I think there's generally a 5% difference between them).

Long term resets every 100 hours I think, and Since Refuelling does (or should do) what it says on the tin. Since Start resets when the ignition has been off for 2 hours, but these days they are all generally resetting every time I start the car - I was very surprised last night to see that the Since Start reading hadn't reset after being in a Heathrow carpark for 90 minutes (unlike my bank balance when I paid for parking!)

• 1 year later...